The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Open Days

Anyone going to an open day?
I was invited to one next Wednesday which I think I will be going to.
I was late in sending the reply slip off, so for anyone that has sent one off saying they would like to attend the day...do they get back to you? Is there any more information sent out after this? like a more detailed day plan.
Currently I only have the times of accommodation visits and meetings in bute building.

Just paraniod...thinking about just turning up, but don't want to be turned away or something.
Reply 1
MMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
Yup, Im going to an open day nxt Weds (as in the 2nd Feb...) for physiology!
I have yet to send off my reply slip (oopsie!!), but I did only get the stuff on Friday. I have pretty much nothing, I have no idea where to go and just a brief list of what we are doing (i.e. talks on accomo and the subject, tour of SU and accomo and biomedical sciences building, buffet lunch) and the times it begins and finishes.
They said that they wouldnt get back to me to confirm my place on the day once I had replied, but I hope they send me some more info :s:
So what subject have you applied to?? Where you coming from?
Maybe I'll see you there!! :wavey:
Love Dani -x-
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Ah ok. I think I will just turn up then.
I'm going next week though, 26th so won't see you. From just down the road/over the river, In Bristol. An hours train journey most likely followed by a hours walking around in confusion.
I've got an offer for Journalism, Film and Media.
The day seems kinda short, so looks like I will be able to get back in time for my Evening class....joy.
Thanks for replying.
Is Cardiff your first choice?
Reply 3
Aw thats rubbish. I was looking forward to having a friend lol. Im coming from Maidenhead, just west of London. Its a good old 2 hours on the train for me!
And yeah mine is sort of short... 11.45-4. Only 4 hours. As long as they cram everything in I dont mind!
I havent been to Cardiff yet, so I dont know. I liked Leeds, and Bristol has a good course. So its either my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice lol. We will see when I've been!
How bouts you? And Im sure you will be fine, Cardiff doesnt seem that big, and everyone is always really friendly at uni's. I got lost at Soton and just stood there and this nice guy came up to me and started talking, and took me to the right place! So if you get lost just stand in confusion and hopefully some nice guy will come rescue you!
Anyhows good luck with your day!!
Reply 4
I'm not sure, I want Cardiff to be my first choice...well it would need to be as it is my highest offer...I just don't know all that much about the course. Quite ironically I only put it down as a joke because my mum suggested I go to cardiff and I made a fuss about it being a different country...and them definatly rejecting me. Then they turn around and give me an offer. Quite typically I have only become interested in them at the last minute. Mum doesnt know that I'm seriously considering them though will be a nice surprise for her if they do end up as my first choice. (obviously I would tell her before the summer...but I'll just save it for when she is in a bad mood to cheer her up.)

Latest

Trending

Trending