The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smeraldettoi
Humans are shallow and appearance focused /end thread

this. Not all are like this as i've said before but that pretty much sums it up.
This isn't true. Some of the women I really respect are ugs.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't understand how anyone would find a fat person more attractive.

Different people have very different attraction dealbreakers and beauty standards.
Some people are sexually attracted by obesity.
This is known as lipophilia or fat fetishism.

In some cultures and countries, being very overweight is a sign of wealth or considered beautiful.
As a child, I knew an overweight woman who was raised in Britain and has never been smaller than a size 18 since she was 11 years old.
She is married to one of the wealthiest middle easterners in the whole of europe and received a dowry of over £30 million.
I know a few guys who are so morbidly obese that they cannot walk even a few metres to use the bathroom.
They get carried around by their domestic staff, all are wealthy polygamists living overseas and have at least 2 wives.
Don't tell me what to do. I do what I want. From my experience and OP's experience we see that people find certain things attractive and you can brainwash me all you want, but I have said this and I will say it again. No one will ever date a short obese man or woman. There are exceptions. For example, if you're extremely rich or famous then you can compensate for your physical appearance, but generally, no one finds fatness attractive and I don't understand why it is so hard for you to understand that.

my issue is the use of the word "no one" some people will date short obese men or women whether you and I like that or not.
Original post by londonmyst
Different people have very different attraction dealbreakers and beauty standards.
Some people are sexually attracted by obesity.
This is known as lipophilia or fat fetishism.

In some cultures and countries, being very overweight is a sign of wealth or considered beautiful.
As a child, I knew an overweight woman who was raised in Britain and has never been smaller than a size 18 since she was 11 years old.
She is married to one of the wealthiest middle easterners in the whole of europe and received a dowry of over £30 million.
I know a few guys who are so morbidly obese that they cannot walk even a few metres to use the bathroom.
They get carried around by their domestic staff, all are wealthy polygamists living overseas and have at least 2 wives.

Okay, fair enough, but these are exceptions and very small exceptions. There aren't that many people that will have lipophilia or fat fetishism. In fact I haven't heard of lipophilia before until now. There are all kinds of fetishes. Some people have fetishes for cars and inanimate objects, but would you say that these things are the majority of people? No you wouldn't. I would say that only 1% of the population have fat fetishism.

As I have said, if you're rich and famous, being obese is not the end of the world, but what you have described is the minority, probably 5% of the population. I am trying to help the OP by saying that she should focus on self improvement, rather than believing that one day she will find someone who will appreciate her fatness (if she is fat), but generally fatness is unattractive. I agree that some people, probably like 2% of the population will find fatness attractive, that's fair enough, but it's much better to improve your physique and become attractive, rather than waiting for that special someone who will appreciate your obesity, because based on the statistics, that day may never come, because fatness is and always will be an unattractive trait. You need to consider the odds and be realistic.
this couldn't be further from the truth. If you're good looking as a girl, alot of men will violate you to get ur attention and degrade you to make you insecure and on their level. As a ugly girl, they don't care, they will treat you normally. Seen it happen at uni 24/7 with my own eyes and experienced the former as an attractive girl
If you're good looking as a girl, alot of men will violate you to get ur attention and degrade you to make you insecure and on their level. As a ugly girl, they don't care, they will treat you normally. Seen it happen at uni 24/7 with my own eyes and experienced the former as an attractive girl

PRSOM.
So many vicious neggers and arrogant jerks in the habit of directing mind games at the females they are most sexually interested in.
Nasty pests the lot of them.
I'm not that type of person, why are people rude.
i treat everyone equally, by not talking to my fellow human beings
I just assumed that she was, because guys usually don't like girls that are too overweight or obese. That's just how guys are. Guys prefer girls more on the skinnier side (not always, but generally). That's why I assumed she was fat. If she's not fat, then she probably just has very low self-esteem or is looking for attention.

wtf...

:rofl:
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
I think you'd find the opposite would occur, most people literally want to look like her, there are so many subliminals on how to look like Bella Hadid on YouTube, put it into practice and essentially it's not impossible to think of a scenario whereby a pretty girl is treated better than someone who isn't.

People's behaviour towards others can be influenced by how people look, it's why a lot of bully's hone in on someone's appearances when insulting, and vice versa when it comes to admirers honing on someone's appearance when it comes to compliments.

Shallow but there you go, it's the world we live in..

No, I am being serious when I say I look extremely similar to young Adriana Lima, I have had guys so intimidated of me that one was sweating halfway through meeting me and ran off and this was via a friendly meet up. I have had multiple incidents of guys trying to play mind games with me to get with me because I am extremely good looking, I have been treated mainly like ****. Probably like a 60:40 ratio of negative to positive attention
Original post by Anonymous #2
People, in general, treat attractive people better..... These girls at my secondary school treated my friend worse than another girl bcs the other girl was really pretty. They would only complain about my friend for being really quiet when they were both really quiet.
I think it's waste of time to worry about people who dislike us coz of our appearance let them burn in hell who cares. Atleast there must be 1% people who treat everyone with respect irrespective of their perceived attractiveness
Original post by Anonymous #10
Okay, fair enough, but these are exceptions and very small exceptions. There aren't that many people that will have lipophilia or fat fetishism. In fact I haven't heard of lipophilia before until now. There are all kinds of fetishes. Some people have fetishes for cars and inanimate objects, but would you say that these things are the majority of people? No you wouldn't. I would say that only 1% of the population have fat fetishism.

As I have said, if you're rich and famous, being obese is not the end of the world, but what you have described is the minority, probably 5% of the population. I am trying to help the OP by saying that she should focus on self improvement, rather than believing that one day she will find someone who will appreciate her fatness (if she is fat), but generally fatness is unattractive. I agree that some people, probably like 2% of the population will find fatness attractive, that's fair enough, but it's much better to improve your physique and become attractive, rather than waiting for that special someone who will appreciate your obesity, because based on the statistics, that day may never come, because fatness is and always will be an unattractive trait. You need to consider the odds and be realistic.
Back in olden days being overweight was considered a sign of wealth and it was considered an attractive trait ofcourse during world war times when there was global hunger problems but now everything is sorted out so being overweight means you're lazy even if you're not. Many at times it's really hard to lose weight coz of poor metabolism. But lose weight for your own health I'm losing doing exercises and yoga but for my own health not to attract others coz those who are ignoring me when I'm fat don't deserve to be my friend when I lose weight. Right only my parents are my mental support and if I lose weight I'll still choose to be a loner coz people rejected me at my worst 😥😣

Latest

Trending

Trending