The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Experience Summer School - Has Anyone Heard Any News?

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if you can change from train to car travel?
(edited 1 year ago)
University of York
York
Original post by Stugon05
Does anyone know if you can change from train to car travel?

I’m sure you could email and ask them or call them.
Original post by Sjh_2004
I’m sure you could email and ask them or call them.

Yeah I have done thanks. Just wondered if anyone had done it. Not sure how long they take to respond. Sure it'll be fine 😕
Original post by Stugon05
Yeah I have done thanks. Just wondered if anyone had done it. Not sure how long they take to respond. Sure it'll be fine 😕

They normally reply In 5 working days but since it’s next week I’m sure they will check more. If not message the actual uni of York on Instagram or a platform like that and they speed it up if you’re worried. It’ll all work out. See you Monday !
People going on train, did they reserve a seat for you?
Original post by Woow786

I have a seat for the way there but not the way back which is annoying. What time are you meant to be getting there I feel like my train leaves earlier than most peoples
Original post by Woow786

I do for the way there but not the way back which is annoying. What time is your train meant to get there as I think I’m meant to get there early compared to most people due to the way the booked the tickets
Original post by Woow786

mines reserved on the way and way back.
Original post by Studentlife04
mines reserved on the way and way back.

Same
Original post by Woow786
Same

is anyone else coming via Sheffield station?
Hi is anyone doing the 2023 entry for the Uni of York’s YESS Programme, I am and I’m waiting for a response. I’ve been in touch with my nominated teacher, whom when I asked said he was nearly done with my application, and I know my mum completed her form, I’m unsure if I will get email confirmation when both forms are handed in or whether the University won’t get back in touch u til they’ve made a decision.
All the best :smile:
Anyone applied for 2023 entry for the YESS programme? I’m waiting if I got accepted. University of York is high on my list so I hope I get in. I’ve talked to my nominated teacher and my mum said she filled in her form. My teacher said he was almost done with it, will I get an email notification when they are both done or will I only hear back when they either accept or reject me?
Reply 32
Original post by ilovestarwars_g
Anyone applied for 2023 entry for the YESS programme? I’m waiting if I got accepted. University of York is high on my list so I hope I get in. I’ve talked to my nominated teacher and my mum said she filled in her form. My teacher said he was almost done with it, will I get an email notification when they are both done or will I only hear back when they either accept or reject me?

Hi, I’ve applied to the YESS summer programme too. My mum and teacher have filled in everything. I’m just waiting to hear from the uni now. I did get an email that the deadline has been extended. Till the 16th April 11:59pm so not long to go now.
Original post by 1zayn4
Hi, I’ve applied to the YESS summer programme too. My mum and teacher have filled in everything. I’m just waiting to hear from the uni now. I did get an email that the deadline has been extended. Till the 16th April 11:59pm so not long to go now.

Yes I got the same email. Not long at all :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by ilovestarwars_g
Yes I got the same email. Not long at all

has anyone got an email back yet? it says 12th of may that youre told if youve got a place but me and my friend have nothing yet :/
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 35
Original post by hubleduble
has anyone got an email back yet? it says 12th of may that youre told if youve got a place but me and my friend have nothing yet :/

Hi,
Not sure why my comment keeps getting declined but on their instagram it says we should expect to hear back from them on 16th May. Just 2 more days to go. Hopefully they pick us.
Reply 36
Original post by 1zayn4
Hi,
Not sure why my comment keeps getting declined but on their instagram it says we should expect to hear back from them on 16th May. Just 2 more days to go. Hopefully they pick us.

thank you so much!! what is their instagram @?
Reply 37
I can’t share link as they keep declining it but their Instagram is, ‘uniofyork_outreach’ their profile picture is & as background and in front says Access and Outreach. As soon as you follow them you should see on their reels Yess Q&A hope this helps.
Original post by hubleduble

I haven’t heard back yet. But yeah on the Instagram highlights it says the 15th or onwards so it’s still waiting time. Hope it’s good news :smile:
Hi everyone!

It's so great to hear that you've applied to the York Experience Summer School Programme. I can confirm that you can expect to hear back from us from 15 May onwards.

I hope this helps - Hannah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest