The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Experience Summer School - Has Anyone Heard Any News?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by University of York
Hi everyone!

It's so great to hear that you've applied to the York Experience Summer School Programme. I can confirm that you can expect to hear back from us from 15 May onwards.

I hope this helps - Hannah :smile:

Hi, I was wondering, will everyone get a reply back on the 15th or will it be after the 15th too?
University of York
York
Hi everyone!

It's so great to hear that you've applied to the York Experience Summer School Programme. I can confirm that you can expect to hear back from us from 15 May onwards.

Thank you :smile:
Ugh I didn’t get in. Honestly I’m so disappointed, I really want to go to York. I’ve booked an open day, but I feel like I would have really benefitted from summer school. Idk why but I’m taking this out on myself and I know I shouldn’t, but is there any advice on something else to do in the summer to occupy my time?
Original post by ilovestarwars_g
Ugh I didn’t get in. Honestly I’m so disappointed, I really want to go to York. I’ve booked an open day, but I feel like I would have really benefitted from summer school. Idk why but I’m taking this out on myself and I know I shouldn’t, but is there any advice on something else to do in the summer to occupy my time?

I’m sorry to hear that :frown: I’m still waiting to hear back
Reply 44
Original post by pastelfalls

I got in I got in, I’m so happy. I’m going to be on YESS 1 from Tuesday 18 to Friday 21 July.
I’ve filled in my welcome survey. All I have to do is wait. Literally can’t wait for the day to come. My email came through today at 14:29pm
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by 1zayn4
I got in I got in, I’m so happy. I’m going to be on YESS 1 from Tuesday 18 to Friday 21 July.
I’ve filled in my welcome survey. All I have to do is wait. Literally can’t wait for the day to come. My email came through today at 14:29pm

Well done! :smile: If you don’t mind me asking, did you meet a lot of criteria?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 46

Futures in Health Summer School - 18th - 20th July 2023 - Year 12
Interested in a career in healthcare? Want to make a difference to people’s lives?

We are excited to announce the launch of a new summer school programme aimed at aspiring healthcare professionals. This programme is suitable for Year 12 / first-year college students interested in a career in healthcare. This event will focus on giving students an insight into the different health and social care professions you can study at the University of Leeds, which includes: Adult Nursing, Child Nursing and Mental Health Nursing; Social Work; Midwifery; Audiology; Cardiac Physiology; Diagnostic Radiography; and Medical Ultrasound. Please note that students must be studying a BTEC, CTEC, or CACHE qualification in Applied Science, Health and Social Care or Medical Sciences, either on its own or alongside A Levels.
Click here for further information: https://www.healthsciences.leeds.ac.uk/futures-in-health-summer-school/
Reply 47
Well done! :smile: If you don’t mind me asking, did you meet a lot of criteria?

Thanks,
I some of the criteria but not all.
Original post by 1zayn4
Futures in Health Summer School - 18th - 20th July 2023 - Year 12
Interested in a career in healthcare? Want to make a difference to people’s lives?

We are excited to announce the launch of a new summer school programme aimed at aspiring healthcare professionals. This programme is suitable for Year 12 / first-year college students interested in a career in healthcare. This event will focus on giving students an insight into the different health and social care professions you can study at the University of Leeds, which includes: Adult Nursing, Child Nursing and Mental Health Nursing; Social Work; Midwifery; Audiology; Cardiac Physiology; Diagnostic Radiography; and Medical Ultrasound. Please note that students must be studying a BTEC, CTEC, or CACHE qualification in Applied Science, Health and Social Care or Medical Sciences, either on its own or alongside A Levels.
Click here for further information: https://www.healthsciences.leeds.ac.uk/futures-in-health-summer-school/

thanks, however I applied to do politics and international relations and I study history, English lit and politics a level so that doesn’t apply to me. Thank you for trying though. I’m just coming to terms w it :smile:
Reply 49

Did you get a place?

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear you weren't accepted onto the York Experience Summer Schools. Perhaps something you could do over the summer is one of our MOOCs (massive open online courses)? Our 'How to read a poem' or 'next steps to university' or 'an introduction to art history' courses may be of interest to you.

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear you weren't accepted onto the York Experience Summer Schools. Perhaps something you could do over the summer is one of our MOOCs (massive open online courses)? Our 'How to read a poem' or 'next steps to university' or 'an introduction to art history' courses may be of interest to you.

Hi, Thank you I’ve started the Hidden History of York MOOC :smile: seems very interesting!
Hi, Thank you I’ve started the Hidden History of York MOOC :smile: seems very interesting!

You're very welcome! I'm glad you've found something of interest!

- Hannah :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by 1zayn4

I got into YESS 2 do u know if they will put us in the sector we chose or could it end up too full and put us in a different one ?

Quick Reply

Latest