The Student Room Group

How long for Tesco right to work check?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hey tracy she wants to put me on the checkouts
Reply 21
Original post by dazman79
hey tracy she wants to put me on the checkouts

Hey that's fine to do 😊😊 better than nothing.
While you are just doing checkouts you won't be doing filling up shelves etc unless the store is very very quiet then possibly could be asked to assist with filling the shelves up.
Original post by Tracey_W
Could take between a week and a month approximately to come back..... Depending on how quickly they receive the information back.

As you only just applied for the role with Tesco on Sunday and on Monday you was asked to provide evidence that you are allowed to work in Britain then obviously now you'll have to wait until they get back in touch with you.

No it doesn't mean you'll get a interview as soon as they get clearance about your rights to work in Britain come back, although you passed the online assessment you can still be rejected for a interview but rare this happens so hopefully you'll be given a opportunity of having a interview with Tesco okay and good luck with it if you do.

A t/leader and stand in supervisor with Tesco as required.
Yes, as stated. It can take up to 1 month.
Reply 23
Hey that's fine to do 😊😊 better than nothing.
While you are just doing checkouts you won't be doing filling up shelves etc unless the store is very very quiet then possibly could be asked to assist with filling the shelves up.

how long is trainign on that and is it online training as well
Reply 24
how long is trainign on that and is it online training as well
You usually do it in a morning.... You'll be shown what to do and then you'll be left to get on with it, but remember that if you are unsure about anything you just call your team leader or department supervisor to assist you with it as don't be afraid to ask them as that's their job.

No online as it's in the store itself...... Usually done when quiet period.
Reply 25
You usually do it in a morning.... You'll be shown what to do and then you'll be left to get on with it, but remember that if you are unsure about anything you just call your team leader or department supervisor to assist you with it as don't be afraid to ask them as that's their job.

No online as it's in the store itself...... Usually done when quiet period.

ahh cool so ya would say if pay with debit card ya put the card recpiet in the till and copy to customer right also vouchers ect
Reply 26
ahh cool so ya would say if pay with debit card ya put the card recpiet in the till and copy to customer right also vouchers ect
Yeah you sort of correct about payment with card, if it is over the amount that requires the PIN number then you insert the card into the card machine and await it being authorised.
If someone is paying by cash then it's simple enough to do.
Before any payment is done if customers has any vouchers etc then you scam them through to reduct anything from the final total.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 27
Yeah you sort of correct about payment with card, if it is over the amount that requires the PIN number then you insert the card into the card machine and await it being authorised.
If someone is paying by cash then it's simple enough to do.
Before any payment is done if customers has any vouchers etc then you scam them through to reduct anything from the final total.

ye was going ask about recipts when they print out with recipt ya put card recpit in till
Reply 28
ye was going ask about recipts when they print out with recipt ya put card recpit in till
Not everyone wants a copy of there receipt but you ask them if they want it okay.
If they buying a electrical item for exact then it's better to have paper copy of receipt incase of problems as there bank statements won't show what they bought as only the amount that they paid. Without a receipt then they won't be able to get either a refund or exchange item.
Did you find out?
Not everyone wants a copy of there receipt but you ask them if they want it okay.
If they buying a electrical item for exact then it's better to have paper copy of receipt incase of problems as there bank statements won't show what they bought as only the amount that they paid. Without a receipt then they won't be able to get either a refund or exchange item.

manager wants me do induction next week just wonderd they give like name tag if ya not got uniform on in case you
get stopped
manager wants me do induction next week just wonderd they give like name tag if ya not got uniform on in case you
get stopped
Depends on the individual manager as they might give you a used name badge so you can put a label over it with your name until they issue your own badge when it's made up.
Some stores has loads of spare promotional t-shirts in store room that you could ask about to save your own clothes until you receive your uniform.

Induction is piece of cake as you only watching videos about health and safety, how Tesco came into what it is nowadays ( how it was founded etc ), doing all the boring necessary paperwork that not been done etc and hopefully you'll get time to work on the shop floor before home.
hey tracy went induction but ended up in a meeting thinking was indction so wonderd that be repoerted as not sopose be in the meeting and they sack me for it and was guinne mistake thinking was induction i did find way out and they recsheduled me for induction
hey tracy went induction but ended up in a meeting thinking was indction so wonderd that be repoerted as not sopose be in the meeting and they sack me for it and was guinne mistake thinking was induction i did find way out and they recsheduled me for induction
When you go back again make sure you report to the customer service desk and mention that you are here for a induction and can they let manager know that you are here to attend it, and get someone to point out where you are to go for the induction okay.

Very unusual that you weren't told where to go to for it by as member of staff.

At least you have been given another opportunity to attend the induction day as you attended the original one.

Hopefully you'll get through the next one you attend. Don't make same mistake 😞😞😞
ye i mean would they report me and get rid of me for that as made orginail one and filled the forms in bank ect nat number
now they want put me trollys not checkouts way unfair
now they want put me trollys not checkouts way unfair
Hey
At the end of the day you are at least getting a job with them no matter what. They must have a reason why they are now offering you to do trolleys which only you can ask them about. I don't think it's unfair if they are offering you a job because somebody has to do these other jobs out with filling shelves etc. you'll still be paid the same amount of money.
ye i mean would they report me and get rid of me for that as made orginail one and filled the forms in bank ect nat number
That's up to the individual store management what they decide.

They wouldn't get rid of you..... Just remember that they offer you a reschedule induction day due to your mistake 😕😕😕 as they didn't have to offer you another day but they did.
That's up to the individual store management what they decide.
They wouldn't get rid of you..... Just remember that they offer you a reschedule induction day due to your mistake 😕😕😕 as they didn't have to offer you another day but they did.
Idk why I was so invested in reading this thread by Tracey you have the patience and aura of a saint, I feel like you could answer any problem no matter how mundane and still manage to give useful and productive advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending