The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Huddersfield University

do you get a good university experience at huddersfield university???????????
yes it's a good university, just depends what your course and cohort are like. everyone's experiences are different.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Original post by soaosaoid
do you get a good university experience at huddersfield university???????????

Hi @soaosaoid,

I've just finished my final year at the University of Huddersfield. Honestly, overall I have had a great experience in many ways.

Academically, I feel like I was really supported to achieve my best. I had to ask for help and use my initiative but that is what is expected at university level. The content of my course was very varied and interesting, and the lecturer's did a lot of interesting research that they shared with us. In my first year, I also made some appointments with the academic skills teams which really helped improved my grades.

I also felt like there was a lot of support in terms of wellbeing. There were a few instances where things in my personal life impacted my studies. My tutors were really understanding with helped a lot. I also utilised the services offered by the central wellbeing team which made a big difference.

I found that the student community was quite active. The SU were always holding events throughout the year which was good, and there were lots of clubs and societies to get involved with.

The only time I didn't enjoy my experience was in second year, but that was due to Covid rather than the university itself.

Generally, I had a great experience, and I'd recommend going to have a look around the university so you can get a better idea of what it's like for yourself.

Let me know if you have any questions!☺️
- Rebecca, 3rd Year Psychology Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending