The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A100 2023 Entry Applicants and Offer Holders thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WAccordingtome
I personally have nothing on them but there's many upset people on the Cardiff thread because of the lack of communication from Cardiff.

Ahh I’ve just gone back and looked :frown: it appears that Cardiff also ignored those they didn’t give interviews to
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi. Don’t apply to KCL.

Bye.
Reply 22
To add to what other people have said - answers to online queries have been vague and dismissive, wait times on the phone lines are >1 hour, and the admissions office have hung up on people asking for timeframes on decisions. I went sixth months after my interview without a single piece of communication.
Reply 23
lol dont apply here, the unis aru, warwick (if ur a grad) and sgul are way better and respect u as a person too !
i had 2840 b1, a undergrad (2.1) and msc (merit) degree and did not get anything but ignored for 6 months
Its an awful uni with no respect for its applicants
I dont advise u apply here
Reply 24
Original post by ctfeludu
Ahh I’ve just gone back and looked :frown: it appears that Cardiff also ignored those they didn’t give interviews to

Cardiff waited for WEEKS before rejecting people and it literally came all at once. Some were waitlisted on that thread. It wasn't May 19, but it wasn't good by any means.
Hopefully you guys are reading statements from 2022 applicants on here or even looking at later pages of last year threads and hopefully taking them into account, King's seems like a great uni to apply to but had I known better I would have chosen not to solely based on the whole admission process.
Firstly, the so called admission process is shambolic and one of the many reasons I and many others are upset seeing as number one they don't have a given time frame at all unlike many other universities. This means that you could be interviewed whenever they feel like and even if you get an Interview in November you probably wouldn't even hear until may or probably never at all.
One of the most aggravating things this year was that King's made applicants wait until the deadline and even used the ucas auto reject system to reject many candidates and probably won't even reject them themselves later on. I just wanna say that if you as a candidate are willing to wait for half a year for a response from king's this year then feel free to apply and expect that when you call them you would only hear lies or generic statements in which I genuinely believe admission team have no idea what's going on whatsoever also. Worst uni I've applied to by far this year and you would assume a "prestigious" university like kcl would know how to handle things.
Not worth applying to kings whatsoever! There are so many amazing med schools that will recognise that you’re a great applicant and actually give you a response instead of just leaving you waiting, all to end up getting auto-rejected by ucas...
I cannot believe I (and many others) had to wait pre-interview for so long, being led on with the hope of possibly getting an interview only to be rejected by default by UCAS on the 19th of May (deadline). The communication from their university has been nothing short of abysmal, just generic responses every time any applicant asked for further information on their application. I sincerely hope any applicant who wishes to apply for Kings Medicine seriously considers the decision before applying, having read all the comments on this thread.
I’ll get to the point,

My stats:
GCSEs: 9999999998A*
ALevels predicted: A*AA
UCAT: 3020 B2

Got an early interview offer on the 16th Nov (first batch of interview offers), did my interview on the 1st of December. Was told I’d hear back early 2022 but here I am 169 days later on the 19th of May and not a peep from Kings themselves. Only sign of rejection was an auto rejection message on UCAS track stating my application to Kings was unsuccessful because Kings hadn’t responded by the due date (19th May 2022).

Utterly unprofessional and disrespectful. Hate to think what admin in the university as a student would be like if this is how admissions treats it’s prospective students. No I’m not salty about being rejected, I’ve had other rejections but at least they had the decency to actually respond in a respectable time frame and tell me themselves that I hadn’t done well enough to get an offer. 2023 applicants, feel free to ask anything.
(edited 1 year ago)
King's didn't lie when they told us they didn't do mass rejections. UCAS does it for them. Don't apply here. The stress of not being rejected until the last possible minute is not worth it. This was a disgrace. They put on hold god knows how many people's lives for nothing. Don't let yourself be one of those people next year.
Reply 30
Another 2022 applicant here to warn you.
Please don’t take our stories lightly, there are so many people who have gone through this with Kings this year, it’s not a small minority.
You only get 4 places to apply to, so really think it through before applying to Kings after hearing everyone’s testimonies.
Not only did they lie at every stage (for no reason or benefit to them), lead us on, openly rude to some people calling/enquiring, we were mass rejected by an impersonal message on the LANDING PAGE of kings apply. That’s the page you go on before you’ve even logged in. No email or anything. No morals whatsoever.

Good luck whatever you decide to do guys!
Hello, I pretty much agree with everyone on this thread because their treatment of applicants is garbage. But also don’t be tempted to apply just because you got a high UCAT. High UCAT entry requirement top med school. Their ranking is actually pretty underwhelming for what they ask for
The general consensus here is that you shouldn't apply to kings, and i definitely agree. They couldn't be bothered to update the course page in time for october 15, but i stupidly added them to my application anyway. Interview in early december, and then total radio silence up till now. I still havent heard anything from them, only the ucas autorejection, and i have no other offers. Please think carefully if you are considering applying to kings, and if you want to put yourself through what we've all experienced, adding more stress when you're just about to take your a levels and more stress is the last thing you need. I have a more detailed rant here if you want to read it: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6963390&p=97159412&page=361#post97159412
Everything on here is fax
I agree! I had my interview in the first batch and since then have heard nothing, only to be auto-rejected on the 19 May deadline with absolutely no email/update to my kings apply portal (7 months of waiting!). Phone lines mean waiting in a queue for upwards of an hour and communication overall is weak - even students at the uni say so. People have also mentioned the kings advisors telling them an auto-rejection is not necessarily a rejection which contradicts the message on the kings apply landing page and at this point, no applicant or kings themselves are clear of what is happening. Luckily, I received offers from my other 3 medical schools and kings was not in my top 2 choices anyway but if you are seriously considering them, I would urge you to look at alternative London universities. Not to mention, that some people didn't even receive an interview invite and were left to be auto-rejected by UCAS - I think a university should at least respect its applicants enough to not dish out false hope.
I would recommend applying elsewhere such as sgul (which respond very early and have great overall admin and student satisfaction).
BTW i got a ucat of 2930 B2 all 9's GCSE and is seems to just about cut it for an interview.
Please read all the 2022 experiences!
Writing this now before I forget how angry I am:

The emotional trauma inflicted by KCL has seriously been damaging. They straight up lied to us, ignored us and then didn't bother directly rejecting us.

I personally would never again waste my 4th choice on a uni that consistently ranks worse in medicine. If the admission is this sh*t, then the school must reflect the same. And it truly does. My cousin is a fourth year, and her cohort continuously don't get placements and have to spend their summer making up the hours. They lost a lot of their funding post-COVID... No placement = No graduation

Better alternative in London with the same entry requirements: QMUL and SGUL

STATS: 2720, 99999988888, GRAD, AABB, interviewed in March

edit: For context, I can take rejection very well. No one here is bitter about the rejection itself. It's the way Kings left us to be rejected by default with zero communication is what pisses us off.
(edited 1 year ago)
to all 2023 medicine applicants|:

Please think twice, no, think 10 times before you apply kings if you dont want to have a PTSD for the rest of your life.
Yk what if ppl read this and then proceed to apply to this **** uni, it's on you man

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending