The Student Room Group

Second guessing uni course and degree

when applying for university i applied for a law degree and have heard back and accepted a firm choice however I have had a change of heart and thinking that i would possibly like to switch to a history and economics joint honours. How would i go about switching this if i can? do i have to wait until clearing or can i just contact a Uni and see if they have places available
Definitely contact the uni. You've got nothing to lose by doing so. Either they'll help you switch or they won't, and in the second case you wait for clearing.
If you want to change now you should contact them ASAP to find out if they will let you change - the longer you wait, the less likely it is you can switch!
Original post by ecameron2000
when applying for university i applied for a law degree and have heard back and accepted a firm choice however I have had a change of heart and thinking that i would possibly like to switch to a history and economics joint honours. How would i go about switching this if i can? do i have to wait until clearing or can i just contact a Uni and see if they have places available

There are a couple of potential problems. Universities especially leading ones might not have room on the course you want to transfer to and as the course includes Economics many leading universities will require Maths A level.
There are a couple of potential problems. Universities especially leading ones might not have room on the course you want to transfer to and as the course includes Economics many leading universities will require Maths A level.

Yeah I'd definitely contact them sooner rather than later but you don't have anything to lose. I got a place through clearing but it was for the same course. If you have done the necessary subjects for history and economics then I don't see why you wouldn't get a place through clearing if there are places available since universities are eager to fill places on courses before the year starts. Hope that helps :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Hello ecameron2000,

Greetings! Hope you are doing well.

Deciding on a course can be a little frustrating. You can contact the university and ask them what is the procedure for changing your course. They will be able to assist you with it. Every university has its own protocols.

If you have other queries, do not hesitate to contact us.

Warm Regards,
Megha Sharma
Coventry University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending