The Student Room Group

How lenient are Aston university on results day for the pharmacy course

As in you got to A* than a C ? What happens if you don’t get BBB but are close
Reply 1
I'm in the same situation lol, can't seem to find anything online. Just do your best and maybe you'll get that B
Omg future classmates lol :smile: hopefully anyway
Original post by Student5cience
As in you got to A* than a C ? What happens if you don’t get BBB but are close

Original post by Tripp74
I'm in the same situation lol, can't seem to find anything online. Just do your best and maybe you'll get that B

The standard approach for all UK unis is that they confirm places for those that meet their offers in full, then, depending on spaces, review the 'near miss' offer holders to fill any remaining spots.

So the short answer is that you may still be considered, but it is difficult, (if not impossible), to predict how likely that will be.
I think you need to have a B in Chemistry to study pharmacy

Don’t worry about your offers, focus your time on getting the highest you can get and worry if they’ll lower the grades after your exams. You can think about it after
Focus on revision even though it’ll be on the back of your mind
im in the same situation..:frown: dont worry guys we will pull through !!!
@Lucy.may2 future classmates!!!!!!
How’s everyone’s exams going ?
Original post by Admit-One
The standard approach for all UK unis is that they confirm places for those that meet their offers in full, then, depending on spaces, review the 'near miss' offer holders to fill any remaining spots.

So the short answer is that you may still be considered, but it is difficult, (if not impossible), to predict how likely that will be.

Good explanation!
The only person who knows is the admission's tutor, after following the process described above when they are sent the A level results of applicants.

( I got a C in chemistry, but got in because they said I performed well at interview, so nothing is set in stone! ....to the poster who said B is required. I did however get A, and B in other subjects. )

Last year, 18 out of 30 schools were in clearing. 60 % !
This is probably double what you would have got 20 yrs ago on results day, basically as there are too many schools now and they need to fill places for that 9.25k£!
Hate to sound like a broken record but if you can get CCC, I am pretty certain, some school of pharmacy, somewhere in the UK will take you.
Reply 9
Original post by mrlittlebigman
Good explanation!
The only person who knows is the admission's tutor, after following the process described above when they are sent the A level results of applicants.

( I got a C in chemistry, but got in because they said I performed well at interview, so nothing is set in stone! ....to the poster who said B is required. I did however get A, and B in other subjects. )

Last year, 18 out of 30 schools were in clearing. 60 % !
This is probably double what you would have got 20 yrs ago on results day, basically as there are too many schools now and they need to fill places for that 9.25k£!
Hate to sound like a broken record but if you can get CCC, I am pretty certain, some school of pharmacy, somewhere in the UK will take you.

Hi, what year did they accept you, I want to go there in september but i think I'll get ABC with a C in chemistry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending