The Student Room Group

2022/23 Detective Constable Police Now Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kalahari99
Hey guys! Has anyone been invited to an assessment centre yet? Got an email today to say I passed the online assessment, but that they'll be back in touch to let me know if I've been invited to an assessment centre (seems like passing the online assessment is no guarantee), just wondering if anyone else has had this?

Yeah I got the exact same email! I think it’s just routine probably whilst they wait for final applications and then can choose who moves forward to the next stage!
Reply 21
Original post by y_emil
Yeah I got the exact same email! I think it’s just routine probably whilst they wait for final applications and then can choose who moves forward to the next stage!

Just got an email saying they're still reviewing mine, really hoping i've at least made it to the assessment centre so assuming I'll find out next week. Think i aced the scenario + written questions, was a bit unprepared for the videos but tried my best
Original post by chradw1
Just got an email saying they're still reviewing mine, really hoping i've at least made it to the assessment centre so assuming I'll find out next week. Think i aced the scenario + written questions, was a bit unprepared for the videos but tried my best

Keep us updated when you get a response from them! I’m sure you smashed it, yeah the videos were hard especially as most of the videos responses were surrounding purely Police Now. I enjoyed the written question, fingers crossed for the next stage
Reply 23
Hi guys I’m currently going through the assessments aswell for met police I applied in April 2022 but since then they have changed the rules and you need to have a 2:1 instead of just a degree to do the DHEP dc role. I got a 2:2 which I did mention which at the time of applying was fine but current rules want 2:1.
I did my day 1 assessment end of may around 28th and got results back about week later saying I passed. I’m booked onto the day 2 fitness and test assessment for end of July. They mention we complete the dc bolt on assessment first but I haven’t had an email in regards to that as yet.
I’m not sure if I still qualify to go down the dhep dc route as West Midlands police emailed me actually saying that the rules have changed but if I was still interested I could apply with them instead. So far I’m just carrying on with the met police and doing the assessments and just going to see if I’m still offered a position as the time of applying I did meet criteria.
Original post by Newdc1
Hi guys I’m currently going through the assessments aswell for met police I applied in April 2022 but since then they have changed the rules and you need to have a 2:1 instead of just a degree to do the DHEP dc role. I got a 2:2 which I did mention which at the time of applying was fine but current rules want 2:1.
I did my day 1 assessment end of may around 28th and got results back about week later saying I passed. I’m booked onto the day 2 fitness and test assessment for end of July. They mention we complete the dc bolt on assessment first but I haven’t had an email in regards to that as yet.
I’m not sure if I still qualify to go down the dhep dc route as West Midlands police emailed me actually saying that the rules have changed but if I was still interested I could apply with them instead. So far I’m just carrying on with the met police and doing the assessments and just going to see if I’m still offered a position as the time of applying I did meet criteria.

If you aren't accepted on the DC DHEP, and you have your heart set on being a DC, it is worth considering taking a PC role. You are entirely free to take the NIE as a PC and will get the study time entitlement. All in all, you're only going add a short time to getting to TDC and chances are you may even finish your workbook at around the same time you would have through the DC DHEP. The additional bens are that post-probation you'll have wider scope of roles to apply for, and may be able to pick up some skills / courses not normally given to DCs. The downsides are relatively limited but mostly involve around fighting with drunk people on Friday nights.
Hi guys, I'm also through to the assessment centre. Haven't booked a date yet though.
I applied for Bedfordshire/ Hertfordshire, as there was not one in Suffolk.

Does anyone know how it works if you're accepted? Like, do you have to wait until March 23 before you start your training and get paid, meaning you'd have to find other work up until then. I'm unsure what to do since, I'm looking to start working ASAP, not sure if I'd want to hang on until March next year!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Trinculo
If you aren't accepted on the DC DHEP, and you have your heart set on being a DC, it is worth considering taking a PC role. You are entirely free to take the NIE as a PC and will get the study time entitlement. All in all, you're only going add a short time to getting to TDC and chances are you may even finish your workbook at around the same time you would have through the DC DHEP. The additional bens are that post-probation you'll have wider scope of roles to apply for, and may be able to pick up some skills / courses not normally given to DCs. The downsides are relatively limited but mostly involve around fighting with drunk people on Friday nights.

They haven’t said to me I can’t Carry on with my application and the ad I applied on doesn’t mention 2:1 so I’m going to carry on as they are still allowing me to do assessments
Original post by Tommo992
Hi guys, I'm also through to the assessment centre. Haven't booked a date yet though.
I applied for Bedfordshire/ Hertfordshire, as there was not one in Suffolk.

Does anyone know how it works if you're accepted? Like, do you have to wait until March 23 before you start your training and get paid, meaning you'd have to find other work up until then. I'm unsure what to do since, I'm looking to start working ASAP, not sure if I'd want to hang on until March next year!!

Hey yeah, so from what I understand if accepted we start in March 2023. In the mean time possibly get a job which can facilitate you money wise until you start, get some savings behind you for example!
Reply 28
I submitted the online assessment on the 8th but still haven't had my results, they've sent that email saying they're reviewing my responses twice but still no results, has anyone else's taken ages to come through?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by y_emil
Keep us updated when you get a response from them! I’m sure you smashed it, yeah the videos were hard especially as most of the videos responses were surrounding purely Police Now. I enjoyed the written question, fingers crossed for the next stage

What do you mean when you say the question were based around Police Now?
Original post by OKD
I submitted the online assessment on the 8th but still haven't had my results, they've sent that email saying they're reviewing my responses twice but still no results, has anyone else's taken ages to come through?

I got my results for the online assessment around 5 days after I’d taken the test. Maybe log onto your portal and double check on there? That’s frustrating though I’d assume it’s probably because they’ve got a lot to look through I’m not sure
Original post by vma1g19
What do you mean when you say the question were based around Police Now?

So basically questions asking about the graduate scheme itself, the values and competencies and the insight reports which are all available on the website! Basically what they look for in recruits and how you are applicable if that makes sense!
Reply 32
Original post by y_emil
I got my results for the online assessment around 5 days after I’d taken the test. Maybe log onto your portal and double check on there? That’s frustrating though I’d assume it’s probably because they’ve got a lot to look through I’m not sure

Thats what I thought but it's been ages! I looked on the portal and under current status it says online assessment on hold - I don't know if this means its on hold while they review or theres some sort of problem but i would assume they would have let me know if there was an issues
Original post by OKD
Thats what I thought but it's been ages! I looked on the portal and under current status it says online assessment on hold - I don't know if this means its on hold while they review or theres some sort of problem but i would assume they would have let me know if there was an issues

Yeah that’s strange, I’d also assume they would let you know if there was an issue. Maybe drop them an email and just double check? Keep us updated if you hear anything from them!
Reply 34
Original post by OKD

I submitted on the 6th and I am the same as you, still waiting with multiple emails saying they are reviewing, so don’t worry
Reply 35
Original post by y_emil
Yeah that’s strange, I’d also assume they would let you know if there was an issue. Maybe drop them an email and just double check? Keep us updated if you hear anything from them!

I sent them a message and they've said they're still reviewing but they've had a lot of applications so its all good
Original post by OKD
I sent them a message and they've said they're still reviewing but they've had a lot of applications so its all good

Oh fab news! Fingers crossed you’ll find out soon!
Had my assessment centre today, feel like it didn't go awful, but could have also gone a lot better. now just need to wait up to 10 days to get the results.
Original post by Tommo992
Had my assessment centre today, feel like it didn't go awful, but could have also gone a lot better. now just need to wait up to 10 days to get the results.

That’s good then that you feel it went good!! Do you have any advice?!
I wouldn't say it well went "good", It was fine, but definitely could have gone better, It's so difficult to assess as they dont give you any reaction or feedback.

Not much advice to give, i would just say make sure you know about the role and the police now mission and expect the unexpected lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending