The Student Room Group

Payslip no pay,while under contract

I would like to know if this is legal,so I've been retrenched and given notice, I was supposed to receive my last months pay,well I received a payslip,they refuse to give me my money and said I did not work,is this legal?
Original post by Tiffany21
I would like to know if this is legal,so I've been retrenched and given notice, I was supposed to receive my last months pay,well I received a payslip,they refuse to give me my money and said I did not work,is this legal?

What does you contract say with regards to termination, notice periods and/or pay in lieu of notice?

Is this what's normally referred to as a "zero hours" contract, where you only get paid for the hours that you work, but there is no guarantee that you'll work any hours (as it depends upon the demand of whatever product/service the company offers)? I ask because those on zero hours contract have no statutory right to notice periods (so you can be asked to leave immediately, and only be paid for work already completed).

You say, "I was supposed to receive my last months pay" - what makes you believe that? Did the company tell you that? In writing?
Original post by Tiffany21

I've never seen or heard the word "retrenchment" being used. Where are you based? In the UK, or somewhere else?

In general, you should expect to be paid for hours worked. Your contract should specify what else (if anything) you are entitled to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending