The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

This is the thread for the discussion of all things fantasy football. For all of those who are new, it is fairly simple. Simply go onto http://fantasy.premierleague.com and create an account. Select your Premier League squad from a budget of £100m and then join the TSR League!

The only rules for joining are:

1) To ensure that this is a league for TSR regulars, you must have 50 posts on the site which can come from any where on the web-site. These 50 posts must be made by the end of September. Exceptions can be made

.2) The league will close to new entrants at the end of GW3. After this period, no new teams will be admitted, although you are still welcome to post in the thread and discuss all things FPL.

Previous years have had a prize awarded to the winner - THIS IS TBC

LEAGUE CODE = k18kvj
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Changes to this season: Due to World cup in November, 1st wildcard can be made from GW1-GW16 [before PL breaks up for world cup]. Unlimted transfers can be made during the world cup and 2nd wildcard will be from after world cup.
Reply 2
I’m deck chair fc, this year should be interesting, will make my team sooner or later
I'm not sure if I'll play this season, but I saw some of the prices yesterday and it looks like they have made an effort to make a lot of the players cheaper to allow greater variety in squads.

Original post by mr tim
Changes to this season: Due to World cup in November, 1st wildcard can be made from GW1-GW16 [before PL breaks up for world cup]. Unlimted transfers can be made during the world cup and 2nd wildcard will be from after world cup.

Why are they allowing for unlimited transfers during the World Cup if the League is suspended during that period ? Is it because players who reach the later stages of the tournament might miss the next few League games ?
Reply 4
Email verification won’t work. Very frustrating.
Original post by Driving_Mad
I'm not sure if I'll play this season, but I saw some of the prices yesterday and it looks like they have made an effort to make a lot of the players cheaper to allow greater variety in squads.

Why are they allowing for unlimited transfers during the World Cup if the League is suspended during that period ? Is it because players who reach the later stages of the tournament might miss the next few League games ?

Pretty much. Its just another wildcard straight after the world cup because of the disruption it will cause to the league.
Feels harder than ever to pick a team this year. There's so much choice and more options will inevitably appear as transfers get confirmed. I might just hold off until the week before the season starts.

Salah & Haaland are definitely going to be in my team though. Not risking going without either.
Original post by sr90
Feels harder than ever to pick a team this year. There's so much choice and more options will inevitably appear as transfers get confirmed. I might just hold off until the week before the season starts.

Salah & Haaland are definitely going to be in my team though. Not risking going without either.

Yeah with all these decent cheap alternatives even three premium players look viable tbh
Reply 8
kane or son still an option imo, but salah, trent nailed for me, don’t know whether to go with robertson or diaz
Reply 9
brentford keeper is my man
Original post by sr90

I think if you can find a way of getting Salah, De Bruyne and Kane in it will work well. I haven’t got an account so I don’t know the prices but De Bruyne is always a good pick and I think Kane will start the season off well

Apparently Perisic is a defender ?! He should start over Reguilion and Sessegnon right ?
Reply 11
yeah apparently perisic is the pick this year
Hmm might be more interesting if prices are more reasonable now.
Original post by Driving_Mad
I think if you can find a way of getting Salah, De Bruyne and Kane in it will work well. I haven’t got an account so I don’t know the prices but De Bruyne is always a good pick and I think Kane will start the season off well

Apparently Perisic is a defender ?! He should start over Reguilion and Sessegnon right ?

It's just minutes that's a worry. Conte loves to rotate his wingbacks as it is.
Reply 14
Original post by GrandMedic
Yeah with all these decent cheap alternatives even three premium players look viable tbh

I don't have enough money for the team I want
Original post by G4OJR

Welcome to FPL
Core of my team is set now, just a few spots to agonise over for the next week.

Annoying there isn't an obvious 4.5 defender to go for this year. They all have their flaws.
Original post by G4OJR

That’s the point of the game buddy. It can be frustrating though I agree.

I haven’t made a team this season but I assume it will be as difficult as usual.

Original post by sr90

Annoying there isn't an obvious 4.5 defender to go for this year. They all have their flaws.

I haven’t seen any of the prices, so I can’t help. How many premium players do you have out of interest ?
Original post by sr90

I think most are going for Tomiyasu but Dalot isn't a bad punt.
I'm in! Let's see if I can last the season this time! :lol:

Team is currently Viva Gareth Bale while I think of a better name.

Also if anyone fancies joining a straight PL predictions comp then please do! :smile:

Latest