The Student Room Group

unfortunate situation, advice rather appreciated

Hey!
I got into sociology at the UvA in around March, but since my application requiered a CV (unlike other UvA application, which I also sent) I assumed there is no UvA Matching required. I found out it was mandatory when I received an email a couple days ago about my application being cancelled due to my absence during the UvA Matching. I instantly filed an objection/appeal and now I can't think of anything else to do with this (until I get a decision regarding the appeal), so does anyone have any ideas? I figured I might call the faculty, so the people at UvA at least know I'm really trying to do something about this.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Hi!
I do think calling/emailing them is the right thing to do, and ask them if it would be possible for you to do the matching material now within a reasonable time frame so that they know you're taking the issue seriously. I did the UvA Match earlier this month, and it shouldn't take TOO long to complete if you don't have much else to do.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi!
I do think calling/emailing them is the right thing to do, and ask them if it would be possible for you to do the matching material now within a reasonable time frame so that they know you're taking the issue seriously. I did the UvA Match earlier this month, and it shouldn't take TOO long to complete if you don't have much else to do.

Thanks! I will definitely try and arrange a 'retake'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending