The Student Room Group

WHsmith- Couldn't refund books because they were "educational"

I went to my local WHsmith to return and get a refund for a level books that I didn't need. Their return policy says that they're able to accept if the items were returned in 30 days with the receipt. I bought them 12 days ago and still had the receipt.

I was told they couldn't give me a refund because they were "educational." I emailed the help email and the response was vague and didn't answer anything 😭 the books were mint condition too.

Is that part of the policy?
Im looking at their website. It doesnt mention anything about educational books being unable to be returned and refunded - I'd take it back and try again

If that fails, take it to the local charity ship or see if someone will buy it from you
Original post by wheresmyshoesat
Im looking at their website. It doesnt mention anything about educational books being unable to be returned and refunded - I'd take it back and try again

If that fails, take it to the local charity ship or see if someone will buy it from you

I might try to get a refund at a different WHsmith store and see what happens. If not I might just sell them on ebay 😭 thank u I thought i was going crazy :chicken:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Brrrrrrrrrr6
I might try to get a refund at a different WHsmith store and see what happens. If not I might just sell them on ebay 😭 thank u I thought i was going crazy :chicken:

I think you can only have a refund from the store you bought it from. Safest option would be to sell them on ebay
Original post by Brrrrrrrrrr6
I went to my local WHsmith to return and get a refund for a level books that I didn't need. Their return policy says that they're able to accept if the items were returned in 30 days with the receipt. I bought them 12 days ago and still had the receipt.

I was told they couldn't give me a refund because they were "educational." I emailed the help email and the response was vague and didn't answer anything 😭 the books were mint condition too.

Is that part of the policy?

If you want to press further, I would mail them referring to the page on their website that details their policy, and ask them to point you to the section that says that these books can't be returned.

But more realistically, you might want to just write off the expense and donate the books to charity :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending