The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Worried not getting your first choice? Get your Clearing questions answered today

Thinking about Clearing? Feeling a little uncertain or nervous about your results and want some reassurance?
Well, you’re in the right place! For many students, going through Clearing ended up being the best decision they made. It changed their lives in the best way.
We are a mix of Liverpool Hope students who have been through Clearing ourselves and have come out the other side happier and more successful, and Liverpool Hope staff members who understand the Clearing process like the back of their hand.
We’re here to answer any questions you might have about Clearing, share our experiences and help put your mind at ease in the lead up to Results Day.
We understand that Clearing can be a little nerve-wracking and we want you to go into the process feeling confident and safe. So, ask us your questions now. We can’t wait to chat with you :smile:
Hello! How quickly does everything happen in clearing? Is it quite quick and rapid or do you get a bit of a breather at times? Thanks!
Liverpool
Visit website
When does clearing actually begin? And what does clearing actually mean?
Original post by TSRTalks: LHU
Thinking about Clearing? Feeling a little uncertain or nervous about your results and want some reassurance?
Well, you’re in the right place! For many students, going through Clearing ended up being the best decision they made. It changed their lives in the best way.
We are a mix of Liverpool Hope students who have been through Clearing ourselves and have come out the other side happier and more successful, and Liverpool Hope staff members who understand the Clearing process like the back of their hand.
We’re here to answer any questions you might have about Clearing, share our experiences and help put your mind at ease in the lead up to Results Day.
We understand that Clearing can be a little nerve-wracking and we want you to go into the process feeling confident and safe. So, ask us your questions now. We can’t wait to chat with you :smile:

If I apply through clearing can I still apply to scholarships/ receive bursaries?
Is clearing only for those who don't get their grades?
Can I go through clearing even if I don't want to start uni until next year?
Original post by Anonymous
Hello! How quickly does everything happen in clearing? Is it quite quick and rapid or do you get a bit of a breather at times? Thanks!

Hi there!

Thanks for your reply,

Clearing is a very quick process, if you already have you results, then you can call us on 0151 291 3636, and we can go through the application form together, which should only take around 5 to 10 minutes as we ask you for your basic information and level 3 qualifications.

Once we have completed the form - you may have some extra steps to take, such as if you have applied for a creative subject, this usually requires an interview in order to confirm your place on the course.

If the course doesn't require an interview and you have met the requirements, you place will be offered on the course you won't have to worry about doing anything else.

I hope this all makes sense! Let me know if you have any further questions about the clearing process,

Thanks so much,

Rachel :smile:
Original post by Rapgameangel
When does clearing actually begin? And what does clearing actually mean?

Hi @Rapgameangel,

Thanks so much for your question,

We ae currently taking clearing calls at the moment on 0151 291 3636 if you already have your results, you are welcome to ring in now and complete a form with us,

Clearing officially opens from Thursday 18th August at 7am as this is results day! Clearing will stay open till the end of September - so you have plenty of time to make the call to your chosen university and get your place!

Let me know if you need anything else at all, good luck with your results and I hope you have the best time when you do begin university!

Thanks so much,

Original post by I hate Abba
If I apply through clearing can I still apply to scholarships/ receive bursaries?

Hi @I hate Abba

Scholarships are open to all provisional students, whether they come through the first cycle or clearing!

I have attached a link to our scholarship pages here for you to look over and see if any align with your current circumstances,

https://www.hope.ac.uk/international/feesandscholarships/scholarships/

Secondly, bursaries are often applied automatically depending on your circumstances. I have attached more information here for you from the government website https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/16-to-19-bursary-fund-guide-2022-to-2023-academic-year/16-to-19-bursary-fund-guide-2022-to-2023-academic-year

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions and I will be happy to assist you,

Best wishes ! Rachel :smile:
Is clearing only for those who don't get their grades?

Hey there!

Thanks for your question, its a good one!

Clearing is certainly not just for those who did not get the exact grades they hoped for.

It is certainly I great way for you to get into uni if this is the case, as the entry requirements for many courses tend to drop.

However, you can still ring in to clearing even if you got the grades you wanted! Its a great way to take your time with choosing your university of course and can open up a lot of options for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be happy to help you,

Kind regards,

Can I go through clearing even if I don't want to start uni until next year?

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your question,

I am afraid that if you come through clearing, you are not able to defer your place till next year, as the point of clearing is to fill the spaces we have left for this year!

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause,

If you would like to call us on 0151 291 3636 we can talk through anything you need!

Best wishes,

Rachel
What information would you recommend someone has to hand if they need to call a Clearing hotline? :smile:
Original post by StrawberryDreams
What information would you recommend someone has to hand if they need to call a Clearing hotline? :smile:

Hello,

I would definitely recommend you keep your UCAS details close by, as well as your grades. It is also worth keeping a notepad and pen near, incase you need to note down any details from the university.

Jack :smile:
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hello,

I would definitely recommend you keep your UCAS details close by, as well as your grades. It is also worth keeping a notepad and pen near, incase you need to note down any details from the university.

Perfect, thanks! Any questions that you think it's good to ask on the call as well? :biggrin:
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Perfect, thanks! Any questions that you think it's good to ask on the call as well? :biggrin:

Hi,

I would definitely make sure to ask about the course itself, to make sure its right for you. If you are thinking about moving into accommodation, it would be good to ask about the different types available, as well as prices etc. Feel free to also ask about the area surrounding the university!

There is no such thing as a bad question to ask when it comes to your future, we want to make you feel as comfortable as possible! If there are any questions you have ahead of clearing, or in the time period after, call 0151 291 3636 or visit the university website www.hope.ac.uk/

I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending