The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Placement at Edge Hill

Hi everyone,
I am due to start university this September, studying midwifery!
Prior to being accepted, my sister booked her wedding for this coming October, which of course I will be a huge part of. It’s suddenly dawned on me I may be on placement as the wedding is on a Monday. How do edge hill deal with things like this? Will it still be a possibility for me to go to the wedding? As I know some universities make no exceptions, but others allow you to make up the time you miss which I would be more than happy to do.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone,
I am due to start university this September, studying midwifery!
Prior to being accepted, my sister booked her wedding for this coming October, which of course I will be a huge part of. It’s suddenly dawned on me I may be on placement as the wedding is on a Monday. How do edge hill deal with things like this? Will it still be a possibility for me to go to the wedding? As I know some universities make no exceptions, but others allow you to make up the time you miss which I would be more than happy to do.

Hi there,

Congratulations on your place! I hope you are as excited to join as we are to welcome you!

Regarding your query, I don't believe you would be on placement so early, as you would only start your course at the end of September. You will most likely be doing lecture/seminar style learning in October, and it may work out that you have no classes on a Monday. You will get your timetable during your induction week where you can check if this is the case. If it turns out you do have classes on a Monday, I would recommend speaking with your tutor about it as soon as possible, as they may be able to record the lecture for you to watch later. It would be up to your lecturer though if they would be willing to do this, so I would advise you speak to them about your options as soon as you can.

Best of luck with your course, and congratulations to your sister. :smile:

Grace
BA History
MA Nineteenth Century Studies (History and English Literature)
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending