The Student Room Group

Are my uni choices too aspirational

At GCSE I got 99887666665 with a 9 in maths and further maths, then a 6 in Eng Lang
At A-level I’m predicted A*A*A* in maths, further maths and economics, along with an A or B in EPQ, havnt got the grade back yet

I have also done 2 online courses, one on microeconomics and one on macroeconomics, and I plan to do a third one. My EPQ was also on the 2008 financial crisis. I have also watched lectures on linear algebra used in economics.

I want to apply for economics at UCL, Kings, Bath, Notts and Durham
Reply 1
Original post by Josh-74002
At GCSE I got 99887666665 with a 9 in maths and further maths, then a 6 in Eng Lang
At A-level I’m predicted A*A*A* in maths, further maths and economics, along with an A or B in EPQ, havnt got the grade back yet

I have also done 2 online courses, one on microeconomics and one on macroeconomics, and I plan to do a third one. My EPQ was also on the 2008 financial crisis. I have also watched lectures on linear algebra used in economics.

Hey seeing your a level predicted grades I personally do not think that applying to these unis are out of reach! With those grades u could even go to oxbridge! Check those unis entry requirements for that course to see if u satisfy them because it needs to be in certain subjects. If you do then you should be alright. Like I said before your predicted grades are suitable for anywhere so for that I wouldn't really worry.

Gcse grades seem like they should be okay but do some research and check their requirements on gcse subjects (some unis do this).

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/degrees/economics-bsc-econ
UCL as an example A*AA
They want A* in maths and A in economics
Along with gcse English Lang and maths atleast a 5.

Have a nice day 😊
-Tricia
(edited 10 months ago)

Check the entry requirements for each uni. Make sure that one or two of your choices have lower grade requirements in case you don't make your predicted grades.

Why would this be aspirational? You meet the minimum entry requirements of all the universities you listed. And these unis don't care about GCSEs anyway, as long as you've got your maths and English language grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending