The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Anyone else applying for PWP at UCL

Hiya,

Was just wondering if anyone else is applying for PWP at UCL? My application status still says ''application under assessment''. I know it takes them about 6 weeks, I just don't like this waiting game. Has anyone actually got an answer back?

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I also haven't heard anything, the wait is killing me but rather no news than bad news... I feel like end of this week maybe? What type of background are you coming from? :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by millie-rose
Hi! I also haven't heard anything, the wait is killing me but rather no news than bad news... I feel like end of this week maybe? What type of background are you coming from? :smile:

I graduated from MSc Psychology in autumn. Since then I've been working for one of the Mind branches, I support people with MH difficulties. I also do some volunteer work for a crisis text line & have some experience in research. I hope that's enough to get me in but I heard that competition is pretty tough...How about you? Which IAPT services did you apply for?
I am about to graduate from an MSc Psychology this August. Before that I worked in a mental health clinic for a year in a support role, taking referrals etc. Then during my degree I volunteer as a suicide counsellor part time, and I also do crisis text line too!! I know, I hope it's enough but it seems pretty competitive. I applied for Westminster, and then Kensington, you?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
I am about to graduate from an MSc Psychology this August. Before that I worked in a mental health clinic for a year in a support role, taking referrals etc. Then during my degree I volunteer as a suicide counsellor part time, and I also do crisis text line too!! I know, I hope it's enough but it seems pretty competitive. I applied for Westminster, and then Kensington, you?

Oh hi fellow crisis line volunteer :smile: Ahh, good luck! I chose Southwark & Lambeth!
Reply 5
Did anyone get shortlisted for an interview yet?
Reply 6
Original post by Lila22
Did anyone get shortlisted for an interview yet?

I haven't heard anything yet...it takes them around 6 weeks from submitting your application, which will probably be end of the upcoming week. I get so impatient waiting and being in the unknown...even if they reject me I prefer to know ASAP.
Reply 7
Same! Which placements did you apply for if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 8
Original post by Lila22
Same! Which placements did you apply for if you don't mind me asking?

I went for Southwark & Lambeth. You?
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I went for Southwark & Lambeth. You?

Kensington & Chelsea. What are your study background?
Original post by Lila22

I also applied for Kensington & Chelsea!

On another forum someone emailed UCL and asked about deadlines. They said:

Dear applicant

Thank you for your email.

Invites to interview will be sent out at the end of this month or early in July at the very latest. Unsuccessful applicants will be informed from the end of this month onwards.
Original post by Lila22

Did an MSc conversion in Psychology and am working within a MH setting at the moment.

I also applied for Kensington & Chelsea!

On another forum someone emailed UCL and asked about deadlines. They said:

Dear applicant

Thank you for your email.

Invites to interview will be sent out at the end of this month or early in July at the very latest. Unsuccessful applicants will be informed from the end of this month onwards.

Ohhhh thanks...so I guess we'll find out this week/next week. Good luck to everyone.
Reply 12
Has anyone heard back yet? Says my application is being processed by the admission team.
Original post by Lila22
Has anyone heard back yet? Says my application is being processed by the admission team.

Nope! And no-one I know has either. On another forum someone said they were shortlisting this Friday. What's your background? :smile:
Mine is still "application under assessment" I wonder is it because I've been unsuccessful so admissions team isn't even processing it :'(
Original post by jaseho98
Mine is still "application under assessment" I wonder is it because I've been unsuccessful so admissions team isn't even processing it :'(

One of my friends just found out she was unsuccesful...they must be starting on them.... so if you haven't heard anything I'd take that as good news so far!!
One of my friends just found out she was unsuccesful...they must be starting on them.... so if you haven't heard anything I'd take that as good news so far!!

Ah, sorry to hear about your friend. This waiting game is so anxiety provoking. Fingers crossed for you and everyone else!
Ah, sorry to hear about your friend. This waiting game is so anxiety provoking. Fingers crossed for you and everyone else!

It is soooo anxiety provoking! I've never checked my emails with such anxiety before! I feel like this amount of waiting has made me feel like I want it even more than when I originally applied :')
It is soooo anxiety provoking! I've never checked my emails with such anxiety before! I feel like this amount of waiting has made me feel like I want it even more than when I originally applied :')

Oh my god absolutely!! Are you currently studying/working? :smile:
Oh my god absolutely!! Are you currently studying/working? :smile:

I'm currently finishing an MSc in Psychology. Currently continuing volunteering with a suicide charity, but aside from that not working at the moment. You? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending