The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL PWP Feb 2024

Is anyone else applying to the UCL course to start in February? Just wanted to make a thread if people want to discuss. This is my second time applying, good luck to everyone applying this cohort :smile:)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there! So glad this thread has been created :smile: This is my first time applying to the course, so I don't know what to expect regarding the application process here on out aside from what is mentioned in the information packs provided. Good luck to everyone applying also :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I've applied, hoping we all get a place. Good luck
Reply 3
I applied for the first time too! Good luck everyone!
I’ve also applied. Wonder when we will start hearing back. Looking at the thread from last year it looks like they started notifying people during the last week of Oct/first week of Nov.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve also applied. Wonder when we will start hearing back. Looking at the thread from last year it looks like they started notifying people during the last week of Oct/first week of Nov.

I've heard that it's around 6 weeks from when online application closes. So maybe mid November?
Is anyone else applying to the UCL course to start in February? Just wanted to make a thread if people want to discuss. This is my second time applying, good luck to everyone applying this cohort :smile:)

Thanks for making this thread! I've also applied this year. Where have people applied to?
Reply 7
Hi everyone,
I'm interested in applying to the February 2024 cohort, but I am worried I am too late. I looked on the UCL website, and it doesn't seem to allow you to apply; it says applications accepted... I am looking to apply for pwp trainee posts in London, but there don't seem to be any ... Am I missing something?
Hey! Has anyone received an update on their application? My UCL application changed today and now says ‘Currently being processed by Admission’ . Does anyone know if this means I’ll get a response soon?
Hey, mine also says that. I was also told from someone who had done the training a couple years back that you get an email about the interview from the service/trust, instead of through the portal
Does that mean on UCL it will just appear with successful or unsuccessful if we got on the course? And to get placement we have to have an interview ?
Does that mean on UCL it will just appear with successful or unsuccessful if we got on the course? And to get placement we have to have an interview ?

On my personal statement I listed my preference of which service so if I get on the course does that mean i automatically get an interview or would I need to keep applying to other services ?

I think so, hope we all get shortlisted for an interview!

On my personal statement I listed my preference of which service so if I get on the course does that mean i automatically get an interview or would I need to keep applying to other services ?

I think if shortlisted for an interview, the service you indicated your preference for will invite you for an interview and there will only be one interview if any. And it'll be either one of your two preferences or last resort another service (if your two preferences both didn't choose to interview you), so it gets shortlisted that way I believe. You don't get on the course unless a service gives you an offer following successful interview
Hey! Has anyone received an update on their application? My UCL application changed today and now says ‘Currently being processed by Admission’ . Does anyone know if this means I’ll get a response soon?

Hey, mine also says that. I was also told from someone who had done the training a couple years back that you get an email about the interview from the service/trust, instead of through the portal

Mine hasn't updated yet, not sure if that's because I applied close to the deadline. Did you apply way before the deadline? Hope we get good news soon!
Original post by Miyah1
Hi everyone,
I'm interested in applying to the February 2024 cohort, but I am worried I am too late. I looked on the UCL website, and it doesn't seem to allow you to apply; it says applications accepted... I am looking to apply for pwp trainee posts in London, but there don't seem to be any ... Am I missing something?

I'm afraid the deadline was over 3 weeks ago. There will be another cohort in October though.
Mine hasn't updated yet, not sure if that's because I applied close to the deadline. Did you apply way before the deadline? Hope we get good news soon!

I applied on the 19th of Sept
I think so, hope we all get shortlisted for an interview!

I think if shortlisted for an interview, the service you indicated your preference for will invite you for an interview and there will only be one interview if any. And it'll be either one of your two preferences or last resort another service (if your two preferences both didn't choose to interview you), so it gets shortlisted that way I believe. You don't get on the course unless a service gives you an offer following successful interview

Does that mean the UCL application will only change if youre unsuccessful or if you’ve been invited for an interview and been successful then you’ll get an unconditional offer?

Sorry I’m just trying to understand, I’m a little stressed after I saw my application change

Hello, I just looked into this and it says that when they view your application they update it to 'currently being processed by admission'. Usually, you would receive an update shortly after they view your application.

I also applied close to the deadline and didn't receive an update.
Hi, did anyone get an interview offer yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending