The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by username5099800
Hey thanks for the response. I was given an offer from Westminster for a course called Architecture and Environmental Design which gives the same Part 1 as a normal course would. It is also fairly similar, just with a focus on environmental issues. Do you think I should go for it?

I feel like employers might favor the normal Architecture course.

Oh my god, from your posts u keep worrying about small things that don't matter. Just take the offer from Westminster uni, (they are good for architecture) and the fact that it is environmental design is gonna help u stand out in a good way.

Stop crying and take control.
Original post by Dnsnnssn
Oh my god, from your posts u keep worrying about small things that don't matter. Just take the offer from Westminster uni, (they are good for architecture) and the fact that it is environmental design is gonna help u stand out in a good way.

Stop crying and take control.

To use your words, "oh my god" next time please check the date of a post before delivering advice.
Original post by claireestelle
Did you pay any tuition for that time at the city because if you did then that's a year of funding gone so you can likely only do 3 years of studying fully funded now, in which case definitely don't stay with QMUL just incase. my husband graduated ar 23 and no one really ever thought anything of it, he wasn't the oldest for sure.

A bit late on this thread but OP this ^ could be very relevant if starting this year. If you dropped out of Uni (your Civil Engineering course) even if not the whole year there, then the chances are the state/student finance won't pay the tuition fees in terms of giving you a tuition fee loan for that first year of another degree course, you'll likely have to dig into your pocket for the cost of tuition for that total year, the around £9-10k or whatever it is.

As to your issue, I would say start at the beginning. Your original portfolio seems to have been ok as it got you an interview at the UCL so why not go back to using that? i.e go back to what worked. No guarantees that it will work again but as it passed the first time it probably stands a good chance. The issue was you fell down at interview so work on that, what when wrong or not right enough at interview?

So correct where the problem lay rather than risk creating a new problem with something that was originally fine. If Architecture was your original decided decision then why let other issues alter that?
OP deleted their account ages back and was posting 7 months ago. I'll ask for the thread to be closed.

As above, please check the original post dates before wasting your time.

Latest

Trending

Trending