The Student Room Group

Immerse Education Essay Competition : A Scam???

Scroll to see replies

I was one of the people that got 100% so it definitely is not a complete scam - the course in itself is great. But do think them giving out 10/20/30% scholarships is a ploy and wouldnt recommend spending that much unless you have a lot of money.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous
ive seen people say it's a scam, is it true??

No, it isn't
I participated in the essay competition last year and got a discount. And in many sources is said that nobody gets a 100% scholarship, however, many colleagues of mine got 50% and one girl got 100%.
So, it is worth participating and the experience during the program is fantastic.
Original post by haydenkwok
Speaking from personal experience during my residential programme at Immerse Education, I can definitively confirm the legitimacy of the "Immerse Education Essay Competition". A good portion of us did get a scholarship, a few in fact had a 100% full scholarship. Immerse Education claims that around 7% of entrants receive scholarship funding for its programme.

You should definitely consider entering the competition. There is one closing on the 31st August, so you have a few weeks to write something!

i have a question if you live far away do they pay for your travelling expenses
Reply 23
Original post by Katerina Bf
I got an email two days ago and I got a 30% scholarship. I'm thinking of going to the academic insights programme but now that I've seen people saying it's a scam, I'm not sure anymore:/

Hello!! Did you end up going??If yes, how did you like it?
Original post by beauxsundayy
i have a question if you live far away do they pay for your travelling expenses

They do not.
The expenses they cover in the scholarship are the course, which offers 3 meals a day(if you are 13-15), and accommodation besides the activities themselves.
But, I truly believe that the investment is worth it. The experience you will have is simply magic, and the things you will learn will open many doors for you back in your home country.
Original post by Katerina Bf
I got an email two days ago and I got a 30% scholarship. I'm thinking of going to the academic insights programme but now that I've seen people saying it's a scam, I'm not sure anymore:/

Did you end up going? I have two friends who went to London this past summer and they had a great ime!

Hope you are doing well.
Original post by Skhanktk
What percentage of scholarship did they win? Could you please let me know?

Hey
So, I did the essay comp last year. Personally, I got 20%, but I saw people with 10% 20%, 30%, 50%, and a girl with 100%
It is hard to get a big scholarship, however it isn't impossible, and if you are able to go with your results, it will be one of the greatest experiences in your life.
(Original post by poly_ff)Hello!! Did you end up going??If yes, how did you like it?

Heyy
I went to the program last summer at Oxford University, LHM. And I LOVED it, it was truly life-changing. I got to know many incredible people there, learned much, and had plenty of fun.
If you are able to go, it is one of the best experiences you can have in your teenage years.
I was one of the lucky people who got a 100% scholarship so I can confirm it is not a scam. But unless you are incredibly rich, I wouldn't recommend paying all that money even if you do get 20 or 30% off. The course is really good quality and they do offer a lot but it is still a lot of money.
Reply 29
Hello!!Did you find it hard to write the essay and did you think you would get 100%(not in a mean way).I just am not sure if my essay is good enough or what else I can do?What did you do to write a good essay?Please let me know if you also have any tips!Finally,how did you like the whole experience??
Original post by Anonymous #1
ive seen people say it's a scam, is it true??
Yes, it absolutely is a scam. It is a marketing ploy to get you to sign up to their summer schools. The cost of the summer school is almost the same as ONE WHOLE YEAR of uni!! The summer school is nothing to do with the universities, although they market it as though it were. Don't waste your time. Plenty of other summer schools and essay competitions that are legit!
Original post by flor.lorentz
No, it isn't
I participated in the essay competition last year and got a discount. And in many sources is said that nobody gets a 100% scholarship, however, many colleagues of mine got 50% and one girl got 100%.
So, it is worth participating and the experience during the program is fantastic.
How much would it have been without the 50% discount?
Original post by Reginastudies
How much would it have been without the 50% discount?
I'm not sure, but you can check their website or send an e-mail. However, I believe that if you apply for the essay competition you have a good chance of receiving at least a partial discount.
The website address is https://www.immerse.education/
Original post by flor.lorentz
I'm not sure, but you can check their website or send an e-mail. However, I believe that if you apply for the essay competition you have a good chance of receiving at least a partial discount.
The website address is https://www.immerse.education/
Thank you very much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending