Reply 1
joshjoshjosh
Thinking holy **** i'm gonna fail.

apart from me.

Sorry, what exactly is your question?:confused:
Reply 2
hobnob
Sorry, what exactly is your question?:confused:

i believe the OP has started at either oxford or cambridge this year and is generally feeling like he's not smart enough to be there, and is wondering if others are in the same boat. :yep:
Reply 3
I think they're asking if any other first years at Oxbridge feel like they're going to fail. :p: :biggrin:
Reply 4
willenium
i believe the OP has started at either oxford or cambridge this year and is generally feeling like he's not smart enough to be there, and is wondering if others are in the same boat. :yep:

Right. Then why didn't he just say so?
Reply 5
hobnob
Right. Then why didn't he just say so?

i'm afraid in this case my abilities stretch only to interpretation, not to analysis.
Reply 6
Maybe he's so worried he can't focus on grammar etc. anymore. :biggrin:
I had that last year. Still think it now to some extent. You're not alone :smile:
Quite a few of us feel like that! That's the first thing one of my tutors told me as soon as I started...some of us feel like we got here by fluke and there was a mistake in the admissions process, but it's not true :p:
I feel like that! But I'm hoping over time I'll be able to answer the test questions better... or at least I hope so, otherwise this will be my first and last year here...
I think its a very normal experience. Remember first year exams are quite useful because not failing makes it easier to relax a bit in second year.
Reply 11
Craghyrax
I think its a very normal experience. Remember first year exams are quite useful because not failing makes it easier to relax a bit in second year.

Speak for yourself!

*is starting to panic already about 2nd year exams even though they are months away*
jcb914
Speak for yourself!

*is starting to panic already about 2nd year exams even though they are months away*

Don't worry, I'll panic in due course!
Reply 13
I feel like that!!! Ridiculously like that in fact- but I think I'm getting used to the fact that everyone around me is just insanely clever :biggrin:
Q.E.D
I feel like that!!! Ridiculously like that in fact- but I think I'm getting used to the fact that everyone around me is just insanely clever :biggrin:

Yeah, some of the people here are ridiculously clever. Disgustingly clever. Grrr :s-smilie:

Don't let it freak you out though :smile:
Some definitely are, but alot less than one might think. Which is very comforting :^^:
That is true :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending