The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

What's Psychology like at Huddersfield

Doing BSc in psychology and wondering how the lectures and seminars are? What the work load is like? If the assignments are due all at once?

Thanks
Original post by Pennk04
Doing BSc in psychology and wondering how the lectures and seminars are? What the work load is like? If the assignments are due all at once?

Thanks

Hi @Pennk04

I’m entering my second year of Psychology BSc so hopefully I can help answer some of your questions!

Lectures and seminars are really different. Lectures take place in large halls with upwards of 100 students in each, whereas seminars may contain around 10 students in each class. These numbers in seminars are to encourage more cooperation and conversation, whereas lectures are where the bulk of informative content is delivered.

The work load for first year is definitely manageable! As long as you stay on top of it and don’t procrastinate, it’s been organised specifically to give students enough time to complete the assignments. So just make sure you do a bit everyday or every other day!

The assignments themselves each have different due dates and you’ll be able to view this on the Module Handbook which will state all of the different assessments, exams and lessons planned for the entire year to allow for the students to prepare.

I hope this helps and feel free to ask if you have any more questions!

Estelle
Second Year Psychology Student
Students at University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Original post by Pennk04

Thanks

The reply from Estelle is spot on.

I'm also a second year BSc Psychology student and the course is definitely manageable with no procrastination. Both the lectures and seminars are very different but if you have any questions the lecturers are not afraid to answer them.

Bethany Excell
Second Year Psychology Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending