The Student Room Group

Does pe count as a science subject a level

One of the uni biology degrees i want to do requires two science subjects, im already taking biology but does pe count as a science a level? will that meet theor requirements
It might depend on the uni but the ones that I looked at said biology, chemistry, physics, maths and computer science
I haven't seen one that says PE but it might be different for each uni so I would contact them
What is the third a level that your doing
Original post by shibainuwu
One of the uni biology degrees i want to do requires two science subjects, im already taking biology but does pe count as a science a level? will that meet theor requirements

:laugh: nooo.... 'Science subject' always includes biology, chemistry and physics. Sometimes it can include psychology, environmental science and the like. It doesn't include P.E, ever.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
:laugh: nooo.... 'Science subject' always includes biology, chemistry and physics. Sometimes it can include psychology. It doesn't include P.E.

isnt psychology a social science?

It depends on the course and university - this is why you need to check carefully with each uni as to what 'science' means when applied to A level. However, PE would never be considered a 'science'.

It does formally use the experimental method however. That said, it's not always considered to meet that requirement.

As above normally PE won't be acceptable, although perhaps for specific courses they may accept it for example, a physiotherapy course may accept A-level Biology or A-level PE potentially to meet a subject requirement.

But in general don't assume it will be accepted if a course says it requires e.g. "2 science A-levels". If in doubt, contact the uni and ask.
Reply 6
Original post by artful_lounger
It does formally use the experimental method however. That said, it's not always considered to meet that requirement.

As above normally PE won't be acceptable, although perhaps for specific courses they may accept it for example, a physiotherapy course may accept A-level Biology or A-level PE potentially to meet a subject requirement.

But in general don't assume it will be accepted if a course says it requires e.g. "2 science A-levels". If in doubt, contact the uni and ask.

ok thank you
Original post by Reality Check
:laugh: nooo.... 'Science subject' always includes biology, chemistry and physics. Sometimes it can include psychology, environmental science and the like. It doesn't include P.E, ever.

🤣 Totally incorrect, PE is considered a science by a lot of universities, you just need to Call and ask.

Quick Reply

Latest