The Student Room Group

Student finance doesn't want to pay for me to complete my course

So I started a 4 years Bsc in economics (foundation year) and Swansea.
Due to various personal reasons I wasn't able to complete my 2nd year so I ended up failing and the uni withdrew my place.
I applied to a different uni for entry onto year 2 and was accepted - however sfe told me they will only pay my maintained loan not my tuition fee but this doesn't make any sense as far as im aware they pay the course of your year plus 1 so technically I should still be entitled to one year. I called them and spoke to someone who said it would be best to get a doctors note confirming this - but this will be hard for me, Although he did say when received sfe would like for me to be able to be funded to complete my course. Is there any advice you guys can give me ? Thanks
The amount of funding available is the length of your NEW course plus one gift year.
Your foundation year has effectively used up your gift year (due to you now switching to a degree without a foundation year) so you having to repeat 2nd year is unfunded. It will only be the 2nd year on the new course that’s unfunded. Later years would still be funded.

Do you have any evidence of compelling personal reasons for you failing at Swansea? CPR can add additional funded years.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending