The Student Room Group

Shell Graduate Scheme 2023

Hi, I thought I'd make a new thread for shell schemes. After submitting the application, did you get an invitation to a game based assessment, video based assessment or both? I have received a game based invitation and I am not sure whether I will have just the game or video questions as well. If anyone has completed it, can you please let me know how it is ASAP?

Scroll to see replies

From my experience applying last year, first assessment for shell is just game-based. No video.
Reply 2
Original post by thunderfruit
From my experience applying last year, first assessment for shell is just game-based. No video.

Thank you for the information. Did you get in btw?
Original post by Yamin2390

no i didn’t. didn’t make it past the game-based assessment
Reply 4

I did the games like 2 weeks ago now or something and still not heard back. Did you hear back after the games?
Reply 5
Original post by F1 USM
I did the games like 2 weeks ago now or something and still not heard back. Did you hear back after the games?

I still need to complete it
Original post by F1 USM

I haven't heard back as well and I completed the games ages ago.
Reply 7
(Original post by sounderrated)I haven't heard back as well and I completed the games ages ago.

Did the game based test and was rejected a week later. They must have a very high cutoff for the game based assessment it seems.
Did game based assessment on 6th November and still yet to hear anything. Did anyone advance beyond this stage yet?
Reply 9
Original post by Nafi1996
Did game based assessment on 6th November and still yet to hear anything. Did anyone advance beyond this stage yet?

I did mine at the end of October and I still haven't heard anything back
I did mine at the end of October and I still haven't heard anything back

Guessing they will get back to us in January then
I did my games assessment on the 4th of Dec and have not heard back yet.
I failed the game based assessment, but honestly found it rather tedious. I can only assume the cutoff point was high.
When did you do it and how do you know you failed?

Original post by LittleBear04
I failed the game based assessment, but honestly found it rather tedious. I can only assume the cutoff point was high.
Original post by Lucozade28
When did you do it and how do you know you failed?

Back in November, I was applying for a HR grad scheme. Did it then they sent me an automated email saying they decided to pursue other candidates. Even though I've obtained 3 years of experience through voluntary work, doing HR. Obviously based purely on these 'games', the ATS is likely automatically rejecting candidates if they didn't score high enough. I still don't get the exact benefit of them, apart from to reject candidates.
Hey guys any update on shell hirevue video interview? Did mine for the past 2 months and still nothing from the recruitment team.
Original post by Boyingo
Hey guys any update on shell hirevue video interview? Did mine for the past 2 months and still nothing from the recruitment team.

I'm in the same boat. Did mine like a month ago and only got confirmation of completion, nothing else.
Same as well but I completed the interview on 31st of January
Has recruitment reached out to anyone about the assessment day? I haven’t heard anything yet..
Haven’t heard anything from shell yet. I did my VI back in December

Quick Reply

Latest