The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York Recommendations

Hello! I was wondering what everyone's favourite things to do in York were? Good places for food, good clubs/bars, favourite things to do, etc.
Original post by GhostEmily
Hello! I was wondering what everyone's favourite things to do in York were? Good places for food, good clubs/bars, favourite things to do, etc.

So i didn't go there but my sister did. Mum and i absolutely loved doing the nighttime ghost tours! Really really cool. Walking around the entire city wall is fun to do and there is this little cafe in one of the wall turret building things (idk what they are called) and it is one of my favourite places to go!
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Hey

There are loads of amazing places in York.These are a few of my favourites :smile:

Food
Fancy Hanks
Turtle bay
Las Iguanas
Cosy club

Clubs
Kuda
Pop world

Bars
Slug and lettuce ( Do 2 for 1 cocktails )
Revolution
Stone roses bar

Other
York Minster
City walls walk
Museum gardens
The Shambles
Rowntree Park

Hope this helps a bit.
Rebecca York St John rep
Original post by GhostEmily

Hello,

I loved my three years in York! The city has such a great mix of culture and a thriving life in one place.

My favourite night out was definitely Wednesday in Yates for Pound a Pint. It is such a cheap night, you can win bottles of prosecco and the music is great. My guilty pleasure was probably Popworld.
There are great clubs too like Kuda which hosts one of YSJ's student nights or Salvation which has multiple floors and music.

I spent a lot of time exploring York like the Shambles, the beautiful parks we have, eating out in local places but usually spoons and shopping in town.
Residents weekend is a great one to look out for as it opens the attractions up to York residents for free. You can explore places like York Dungeons and the Jorvik centre.

I really couldn't recommend York enough.
Lydia :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending