The Student Room Group

York or Leeds

Which is better for law
Hi @Desiree1215

Unfortunately, it isn't always as straightforward as which university is better.

When I was considering my options, I asked myself the following questions (some require a little research):

What city do I prefer and see myself in? (For this, I spent a day in each city with a friend)

What is the campus like, and which do I prefer?

What are the lecturers on my course like, and what experience do they have? (I spoke to lecturers on Open Days)

What modules do they offer, and how does this differ from my other university choice? (You can normally find all modules on the uni website)

What societies do they offer? (I am into F1, so I was looking for an F1 Soc, for example)

What is the accommodation like? Looks wise, distance from campus, and price £££. (Only applies if you're living away)

These are just a few examples of what I considered when choosing between Birmingham and Nottingham almost 3 years ago.

I also spoke to many current students to get their unfiltered opinions of the universities. I did this on Open Days and via Facebook group chats.

Finally, I know you shouldn't just rely on this, but I looked at league tables specifically for Education, as that is what I am studying. So you could check out Law and see where Leeds and York uni come. Sometimes, they show some useful statistics, like student satisfaction, etc.

I hope this helps, and good luck :smile:

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending