The Student Room Group

A levels vs Uni

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmilyClarke24
Hey,

I am a current 4th year student at the uni of Nottingham and have just completed my undergraduate degree in natural sciences.
I really enjoyed the degree and the uni itself - I have just started my masters here.

If you have any questions about the degree or uni itself then just let me know,
Emily :smile:

I have a few. If you don't mind, I would like to send them over via message.
Original post by starrynight01
I applied to Cambridge, Queen Mary London, UCL, KCL, and UEA. Have you heard from any yet?

No :frown: But then again no-one in my college applying for med has heard back. Have you heard back from any?
Original post by EmilyClarke24
Hey,

I am a current 4th year student at the uni of Nottingham and have just completed my undergraduate degree in natural sciences.
I really enjoyed the degree and the uni itself - I have just started my masters here.

If you have any questions about the degree or uni itself then just let me know,

Ahh that’s cool thank you! How did you find the natural sciences course structure?
Original post by MindMax2000
I have a few. If you don't mind, I would like to send them over via message.

Of course just send my a private message on here and I'll get back to you :smile:
Original post by starrynight01
Ahh that’s cool thank you! How did you find the natural sciences course structure?

I really enjoyed being able to keep up different subjects. I know some people look at it and think that it's going to be a lot more work but everyone does the same amount of credits so as long as you can switch between different subjects then I don't think it is any more difficult than any other degree.
I enjoyed being able to have a break from one subject and do something else for a bit. You also get to meet a lot of people that do other degrees within the subjects you take (straight chemists or biochem for example)

I think another major plus side for me was the flexibility in module choice. I took Biology and Psychology (with Chemistry in 1st year) and was able to take modules in neuroscience and disease which was what I was most interested in very easily.

I hope this helps but if you have any specific questions just let me know,
Reply 25
University... one couyldnt speak for those who decided to go into science/maths degrees but good god i missed having to do the piddling short essays at alevel. 1000 words vs. 40,000 was a deeply unpleasant adjustment :lol:, biggest change was probably the lack of hand holding though. Few seem to appreciate just how much slack you get in school compared to when youre ordered to start adulting..
Then again, you have little to no say in what you get to study/read for alevel, unlike for the various degree papers so 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending