The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University - Ask the Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Hello,

I applied for a postgraduate course in the month of march and wanted to know the timeframe within which I should expect a decision on my application as it has been over 40 days since I applied.

Thanks!
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Hi there! I hope everyone is having an amazing day!
I am a prospective student planning to apply to Newcastle for a post-graduate degree (MSc Speech & Language Therapy) in 2024/25. I am currently completing my undergrad in Montreal, Quebec.
Are interviews at Newcastle usually held in-person or online? I just wanted to get a heads up just in case I have to make travel plans to be there in person. Also, is there a GPA conversion for a 1st class honours degree available on the university's website? I seem to only see an international equivalent for a 2:1 degree!
Thank you in advance! Have a great day, much love
Reply 42
Hi Admissions team.

From UCAS, I can see that you still have vacancies, i.e. available in UCAS Extra, for your Accounting and Finance courses.

Are these eligible for UK applicants or international applicants only ?

Also, are Accounting courses typically available in Clearing at Newcastle ?

Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

I applied for a postgraduate course in the month of march and wanted to know the timeframe within which I should expect a decision on my application as it has been over 40 days since I applied.

Thanks!

Hi Anonymous #3

We are currently experiencing delays in processing Postgraduate applications, and we apologise to all Postgraduate applicants who haven't received a decision yet.

So that we can check on the status of your application, please get in touch with us directly. You can contact us by calling 0191 208 3333 and pressing option 1, by using the Live Chat service on our website or by using our Enquiry Form.

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott
Original post by candicechoii
Hi there! I hope everyone is having an amazing day!
I am a prospective student planning to apply to Newcastle for a post-graduate degree (MSc Speech & Language Therapy) in 2024/25. I am currently completing my undergrad in Montreal, Quebec.
Are interviews at Newcastle usually held in-person or online? I just wanted to get a heads up just in case I have to make travel plans to be there in person. Also, is there a GPA conversion for a 1st class honours degree available on the university's website? I seem to only see an international equivalent for a 2:1 degree!
Thank you in advance! Have a great day, much love

Hi @candicechoii

I would advise that you get in touch with the Programme Secretary for our Language Pathology MSc programme, who will be best placed to advise on how they conduct interviews for International applicants and the entry requirements for the course. You can contact them by emailing [email protected].

Elliott
Original post by dunnott
Hi Admissions team.

From UCAS, I can see that you still have vacancies, i.e. available in UCAS Extra, for your Accounting and Finance courses.

Are these eligible for UK applicants or international applicants only ?

Also, are Accounting courses typically available in Clearing at Newcastle ?

Thank you

Hi @dunnott

We are currently accepting applications for our Accounting and Finance BSc Honours programme. We would advise applicants to apply in the near future to ensure that the course is still accepting applications as courses can close for new applications if they are in too high of a demand.

We are unable to advise at this stage as to which courses will enter into Clearing. As this course is currently still accepting applications, we would suggest that you apply now to try and secure your place. Alternatively, please contact us on A Level Results Day on Thursday 17th August to check which courses have entered into Clearing. Our main Clearing Hotline, 0800 073 5050 and live chat service will open on A Level Results Day, Thursday 17th August at 08:00am.

Elliott
hey @Newcastle University

Do you guys know when international applicants, get their decisions for dental surgery? Or have you guys already sent them out? As I haven't heard from the Uni in 2-3 months

Thanks

Do you guys know when international applicants, get their decisions for dental surgery? Or have you guys already sent them out? As I haven't heard from the Uni in 2-3 months

Thanks

Hi Anonymous #4

For applications for our Dental Surgery programmes, the Dental Admissions Team have to make decisions on them no later than 18th May. As such, you should receive a decision on your application tomorrow.

If you do not, feel free to get in touch with us by calling 0191 208 3333 and pressing option 1, by using the Live Chat service on our website, or by using our Enquiry Form.

Elliott
When will admissions release decisions for cardiovascular science in health and disease MRes?
Have u received a decision?

Thanks
When will admissions release decisions for cardiovascular science in health and disease MRes?

Hi, thanks for contacting us.

Application decisions for this programme are released on an ongoing basis; to check the status of your application, please contact us.

Scott :smile:
Original post by Newcastle University

Welcome to Newcastle University’s Ask the Admissions Team thread!

We’re here to help with any questions you have about entry to our undergraduate or postgraduate courses, from entry requirements to application support, or anything else you can think of!

We aim to get back to you within one working day, but if you would like to contact the Team directly you can call 0191 208 3333 on weekdays or use the live chat service on our website.

Elliott, Hana, Scott D & Scott S

Student Recruitment & Admissions, Newcastle University

Hi, I am an international applicant from Bangladesh. I have applied for my masters course at Newcastle University for the Behavioral and Experimental Economics. I have completed my application on 27th April. Is there any way for get my result on the application soon?
Original post by Nazneen Afreen
Hi, I am an international applicant from Bangladesh. I have applied for my masters course at Newcastle University for the Behavioral and Experimental Economics. I have completed my application on 27th April. Is there any way for get my result on the application soon?

Hi @Nazneen Afreen, to check the status of your application, please contact us directly.

Scott :smile:
Hi
I’m extremely interested in the Psychology with sport and exercise joint degree. This would be my top choice course and location 2024 entry. I see the requirements are 1 science but preferably 2 sciences. I am doing psychology A level but no other science. Would I be considered for this degree. I got 99and 8 in Biology, physics and chemistry GCSE.
Original post by nervouswombat
Hi
I’m extremely interested in the Psychology with sport and exercise joint degree. This would be my top choice course and location 2024 entry. I see the requirements are 1 science but preferably 2 sciences. I am doing psychology A level but no other science. Would I be considered for this degree. I got 99and 8 in Biology, physics and chemistry GCSE.

Hi @nervouswombat,

Thank you for your interest in our Psychology and Sport and Exercise Science BSc Joint Honours programme.

To check if we would consider your application, please contact us and provide details of all the qualifications that you have achieved so far or are currently taking, including:

The name of the qualification (e.g. A level, BTEC, GCSE)
The subjects/units covered
Any grades/marks obtained and the year awarded

At this stage we do not need you to send copies of your certificates, please just provide a brief summary.

Hana :smile:
Reply 55
Hey, I'm an international student and hold an offer for the Media and Cultural Studies, I wanted to talk to somebody regarding scholarships, how can I get ahold of you?
Original post by marcellasm
Hey, I'm an international student and hold an offer for the Media and Cultural Studies, I wanted to talk to somebody regarding scholarships, how can I get ahold of you?

Hi @marcellasm

Congratulations for receiving an offer :smile:

You can find out more about our scholarship opportunities here. For any questions you may have, you can contact us via a web enquiry form or you can call us on +44 (0) 191 208 3333

Hana
hello! i wanted to know out of curiousity what the grade requirement for the bsc computing course in clearing was for 2022?
Reply 58
Original post by truecheesecake
Hey, I applied to Newcastle's MSc HCI on 23rd November and received an offer just a couple of days ago on 10th February. I emailed them back in Jan asking if there was any hold up in my application process and was told that the delay is due to a high volume of application being received. Not sure if that is what helped in getting a decision but you could try emailing them as well.

Hi! I got an offer for Newcastle's HCI as well. Have you confirmed this as your choice?
If yes, please let me know. I would love to connect!
hello! i wanted to know out of curiousity what the grade requirement for the bsc computing course in clearing was for 2022?

Hi, thanks for your question.

I'm afraid we're unable to confirm what our Clearing entry requirements were for previous years, however, our Clearing entry requirements don't necessarily vary from our publish entry requirements: for Computer Science BSc Honours, our entry requirements are AAB at A Level.

Scott

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending