The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University - Ask the Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi! When will the results for the Vice-chancellor's post graduate excellence scholarship (for international students) be sent out?
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by wannaabeOT
Hi! When will the results for the Vice-chancellor's post graduate excellence scholarship (for international students) be sent out?

Hi! If you are asking about Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship (VCIS), then I believe the results have already come, because I got the scholarship along with my offer.
But anyway, I am not sure if they have a specific deadline for it. But I believe it comes along with your offer.
Also, may I know which programme you have applied for?
HELLO!!! I am an offer holder for the MSc clinical psychology program, but due to some issues i have not made a deposit yet, or confirmed the offer. My offer letter did not have any deadline for the same. but still is it possible that the university rejects me if i take more time to respond?
Original post by Abhirame
Hi! If you are asking about Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship (VCIS), then I believe the results have already come, because I got the scholarship along with my offer.
But anyway, I am not sure if they have a specific deadline for it. But I believe it comes along with your offer.
Also, may I know which programme you have applied for?

No, i'm talking about the excellence scholarship for international MSc students. Congrats on your offer btw!
Original post by wannaabeOT

Hi @wannaabeOT

Thank you for your question :smile:

@Abhirame is correct that the Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship (VCIS) is given to applicants automatically along with their course offer.

For information regarding the Vice-Chancellor's Excellence Scholarship I would advise emailing: [email protected]

Hana :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
HELLO!!! I am an offer holder for the MSc clinical psychology program, but due to some issues i have not made a deposit yet, or confirmed the offer. My offer letter did not have any deadline for the same. but still is it possible that the university rejects me if i take more time to respond?

Hi,

To look into this for you, please can you contact the Postgraduate Admissions Team via: [email protected] or call us via 0191 208 3333 (option 1).

Original post by Newcastle University

Welcome to Newcastle University’s Ask the Admissions Team thread!

We’re here to help with any questions you have about entry to our undergraduate or postgraduate courses, from entry requirements to application support, or anything else you can think of!

We aim to get back to you within one working day, but if you would like to contact the Team directly you can call 0191 208 3333 on weekdays or use the live chat service on our website.

Elliott, Hana, Scott D & Scott S

Student Recruitment & Admissions, Newcastle University

Would doing the TMUA entrance exam benefit my application to do mathematics, by the way my predicted grades are above the entry requirements
Original post by Benjamin646464
Would doing the TMUA entrance exam benefit my application to do mathematics, by the way my predicted grades are above the entry requirements

Hi @Benjamin646464

Thank you for your interest in our Mathematics BSc Honours programme.

We don't use The Test of Mathematics for University Admission (TMUA). Applicants can share that they have taken TMUA so it can be considered as part of their whole application profile, but the standard A Level entry requirements would remain the same.

The standard entry requirements for our Mathematics BSc Honours programme for 2024 entry are:

AAB or A*BB including at least a grade A in Mathematics, and excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking OR ABB or A*BC including at least grade A in Mathematics and excluding General Studies AND including one A level from: Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry, English Literature, Geography, History, Physics and Modern/Classical Languages or grade 2 in any STEP paper.

I hope this helps :smile:

Hana
Thanks, that helps a lot, I'm glad it would be considered as part of my application

We’re here to help with any questions you have about entry to our undergraduate or postgraduate courses, from entry requirements to application support, or anything else you can think of!

We aim to get back to you within one working day, but if you would like to contact the Team directly you can call 0191 208 3333 on weekdays or use the live chat service on our website.

Hi, my name is Sadif Rahman and I applied to English Language and Literature (Q300) course. I had a conditional offer of a 5 in English Language and Literature and a total score of 34. I achieved a 6 in my English Language and Literature subject but a total score of 33. I have called and emailed the university numerous times the past few months with no real response. UCAS says "Please upload certified evidence of your results to the Apply to Newcastle Portal" but the students have no access to certified evidence. The certified results should have made it's way to Newcastle University by now, but I still haven't gotten any update.
Original post by sadifrahman1574
Hi, my name is Sadif Rahman and I applied to English Language and Literature (Q300) course. I had a conditional offer of a 5 in English Language and Literature and a total score of 34. I achieved a 6 in my English Language and Literature subject but a total score of 33. I have called and emailed the university numerous times the past few months with no real response. UCAS says "Please upload certified evidence of your results to the Apply to Newcastle Portal" but the students have no access to certified evidence. The certified results should have made it's way to Newcastle University by now, but I still haven't gotten any update.

Hi Sadif, thanks for your post.

Please contact us directly by email: [email protected]; a colleague will then look into the status of your application and contact you as soon as possible.

Scott
Hi @nervouswombat,

Thank you for your interest in our Psychology and Sport and Exercise Science BSc Joint Honours programme.

To check if we would consider your application, please contact us and provide details of all the qualifications that you have achieved so far or are currently taking, including:

The name of the qualification (e.g. A level, BTEC, GCSE)
The subjects/units covered
Any grades/marks obtained and the year awarded

At this stage we do not need you to send copies of your certificates, please just provide a brief summary.

Hi. Sorry. I didn’t see this. I attended an open day and had a really good chat with tutors and students after the psychology course talk.
this is absolutely my favourite uni I have visited and I can’t wait to apply for 2024 entry.
I got my confirmed place at Newcastle on Results Day and they said they would send me an e-mail with more details. It’s been 3 days and I’ve gotten nothing.
Original post by JA03
I got my confirmed place at Newcastle on Results Day and they said they would send me an e-mail with more details. It’s been 3 days and I’ve gotten nothing.

Hi

So that we can check on the status of your clearing application, please get in touch with us directly. You can contact us by calling 0191 208 3333 and pressing option 1, by using the Live Chat service on our website or by using our Enquiry Form (https://apps.ncl.ac.uk/contact-us/general-enquiry)

Hope this helps :smile:

Lydia
Reply 74

Hi there so i have an unconditional offer to study civil engineering at Newcastle which I received through clearing however it is not the intial course I would have liked so this means that i didn’t research into the course enough
Do you think it would be possible to switch to a similar course such as electronic and computer engineering bearing in mind i did take the necessary subjects to get onto that course however upon checking the grade requirements I am one grade below, although i was also one grade below for the civil engineering course which I was offered
Or do you think I should wait until uni starts and then take it up with the admissions team because every time i try to call up I’m just told that clearing has finished which would imply there are no places left on any of the courses
Thank you
Original post by Gavin123xx
Hi there so i have an unconditional offer to study civil engineering at Newcastle which I received through clearing however it is not the intial course I would have liked so this means that i didn’t research into the course enough
Do you think it would be possible to switch to a similar course such as electronic and computer engineering bearing in mind i did take the necessary subjects to get onto that course however upon checking the grade requirements I am one grade below, although i was also one grade below for the civil engineering course which I was offered
Or do you think I should wait until uni starts and then take it up with the admissions team because every time i try to call up I’m just told that clearing has finished which would imply there are no places left on any of the courses
Thank you

Hi Gavin,

We are now closed for Clearing for September 2023 entry, so we are unable to consider your request for a change of programme.

Any offer holders may be able to request a programme transfer once they are a registered student at the university, via their tutor or Programme director rather than the admissions team. This is not guaranteed to be accepted.

You can learn more about this process on our Student Progress policies and procedures.

Lydia
I made a mistake on the registration (Student Details 2) where it asks what your final qualification was before I started this course and I thought that meant before A-Levels but I think it meant before I start my UG course and now it's wrong because instead of putting AS/A-Level, I put the equivalent to GCSE and now I can't seem to change it and I've sent in a request to change it but there's been no update for about a week. I know that it says to give longer than that but I'm just getting too worried. What can I do about this because I'm scared if I click anything that I'll do something wrong.

Is it possible to change it myself or does someone else who looks at the update requests have to do it?
Hi,
Is there any reasons why the results of the resit exams are so late? The result will be given on Friday, September 15th and the year starts 3 days later It does not give any time to pay the fees ( as an international student the transger will take 4 working days ), register and be given the timetable for stage 2. I might also lose my place in the modules.
Original post by JA03
I made a mistake on the registration (Student Details 2) where it asks what your final qualification was before I started this course and I thought that meant before A-Levels but I think it meant before I start my UG course and now it's wrong because instead of putting AS/A-Level, I put the equivalent to GCSE and now I can't seem to change it and I've sent in a request to change it but there's been no update for about a week. I know that it says to give longer than that but I'm just getting too worried. What can I do about this because I'm scared if I click anything that I'll do something wrong.

Is it possible to change it myself or does someone else who looks at the update requests have to do it?

Hi,

To best be able to help with this issue, please get in touch with us directly. You can contact us by calling 0191 208 3333 and pressing option 1, by using the Live Chat service on our website or by using our Enquiry Form (https://apps.ncl.ac.uk/contact-us/general-enquiry).

Lydia
@Newcastle University
Is it possible for me to switch from Biomed to Pharmacy if it’s early in the year? I don’t like the course already and would prefer pharmacy and I don’t know if I can switch since I know people do drop out and I don’t want to wait a year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending