Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University - Ask the Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JA03
@Newcastle University
Is it possible for me to switch from Biomed to Pharmacy if it’s early in the year? I don’t like the course already and would prefer pharmacy and I don’t know if I can switch since I know people do drop out and I don’t want to wait a year.

Hi @JA03,

If a registered student wants to request a programme transfer they have to do so in line with our Student Progress policies and procedures. Please note that any on-course transfer requests are considered on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed. Students wanting to transfer should contact their Personal Tutor and the Degree Programme Director (DPD) of the course they want to change to.

For further information and advice, you are welcome to contact our our Student Engagement Team via telephone (0191 208 3333, option 2).

Hana :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by Newcastle University

Welcome to Newcastle University’s Ask the Admissions Team thread!

We’re here to help with any questions you have about entry to our undergraduate or postgraduate courses, from entry requirements to application support, or anything else you can think of!

We aim to get back to you within one working day, but if you would like to contact the Team directly you can call 0191 208 3333 on weekdays or use the live chat service on our website.

Elliott, Hana, Scott D & Scott S

Student Recruitment & Admissions, Newcastle University

Hello, can you let me know how many places you have on the psychology degree for 2024 entry, and typically how many applicants you have each year.

Also, will you be making offers as they come, or waiting until closer to the deadline due to number of applicants.
Original post by Dfranc
Hello, can you let me know how many places you have on the psychology degree for 2024 entry, and typically how many applicants you have each year.

Also, will you be making offers as they come, or waiting until closer to the deadline due to number of applicants.

Hi :smile:

We have approximately just under 200 places on our Psychology BSc Honours programme, and around 50 for our Joint Honours Psychology programmes.

There is no normal timescale that we respond to applications within as we consider all applications individually. All applications received by the relevant deadline will be given equal consideration (16th October for Dental Surgery and Medicine and Surgery students, 31st January for all other courses).

Best wishes,
Lydia.
Hi,
I am going to apply for Bsc Psychology for 2024 entry. I am undecided whether to start uni in sept 2024 or have a gap year. I do know Newcastle is my absolute favourite uni!
What is the latest I can decide to defer?
Thank you for any advice
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I am going to apply for Bsc Psychology for 2024 entry. I am undecided whether to start uni in sept 2024 or have a gap year. I do know Newcastle is my absolute favourite uni!
Thank you for any advice

I deferred 2 weeks into my course, you can fill in a form if you decide to take a gap year then.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
Thank you for any advice

Hi @Anonymous #9

Thanks for your interest in Newcastle University, and our Psychology BSc Honours programme!

At Newcastle, we're happy to consider deferral requests at almost any stage of the application process. You can apply for deferred entry at the point of application, or you can request deferred entry after submitting your UCAS application. You may also request a deferral after you receive your exam results.

We may also consider a deferral request after receiving your results and accepting your place at Newcastle. In this case, approvals are subject to availability, and considered on an individual basis.

I hope this helps!
Scott :smile:
Reply 86
Hi,

My daughter applied for C103 and waiting for the offer. She applied on Oct 18th and she comes under International student category. Could you tell us the approximate processing time when we can expect.
Original post by Karvin22
Hi,

My daughter applied for C103 and waiting for the offer. She applied on Oct 18th and she comes under International student category. Could you tell us the approximate processing time when we can expect.

Hi @Karvin22

We do try to process applications as quickly as we can. There is no normal timescale that we respond within because each application is considered individually. However, all applicants who apply before or on the 31st January 2024 will receive a decision by the 16th May 2024.

I hope this helps :smile:

Lydia
Reply 88

Hi @Karvin22

We do try to process applications as quickly as we can. There is no normal timescale that we respond within because each application is considered individually. However, all applicants who apply before or on the 31st January 2024 will receive a decision by the 16th May 2024.

Lydia

Thank you
Reply 89

Hi @Karvin22

Lydia

Hi Lydia,

My daughter applied for C 103 , and now the university website shows the course has been withdrawn for 2024 entry. My daughter already emailed the admission team about it. I have also filled up the enquiry form with her UCAS id. Could you let me know the status of her application. Thank you. Her name is sanjana Karthikeyan
Hi Lydia,

My daughter applied for C 103 , and now the university website shows the course has been withdrawn for 2024 entry. My daughter already emailed the admission team about it. I have also filled up the enquiry form with her UCAS id. Could you let me know the status of her application. Thank you. Her name is sanjana Karthikeyan

Hi @Karvin22

We cannot discuss individual applications on a public forum. Additionally, for data protection reasons we can only speak with the applicant themselves or their UCAS nominated person.

Your daughter is welcome to contact us for an update.

Hana
Reply 91
Hi Lydia,

Hi @Karvin22

We cannot discuss individual applications on a public forum. Additionally, for data protection reasons we can only speak with the applicant themselves or their UCAS nominated person.

Your daughter is welcome to contact us for an update.

Hana

Got the offer yesterday
Reply 92
Hi, I applied to Politics and International relations in November and I’m curious if I will hear back soon. I know the official time I will hear, but many of my friends heard back from newcastle quickly. Thanks 🙂
Original post by Claudsurt
Hi, I applied to Politics and International relations in November and I’m curious if I will hear back soon. I know the official time I will hear, but many of my friends heard back from newcastle quickly. Thanks 🙂

Hi @Claudsurt

As all applications are assessed individually, unfortunately we are unable to give a more specific timeline as to when you will receive a decision.

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott
Hi,

Would you be able to tell me the exact date that interview invites for Dental Surgery BDS are going to be sent out? Or will it be in batches?
Original post by Anonymous #10
Hi,

Would you be able to tell me the exact date that interview invites for Dental Surgery BDS are going to be sent out? Or will it be in batches?

Hi @Anonymous,

At this stage we don't know when we will start sending out invitations to interview for our Dental Surgery BDS programme. However, I can advise that invites will be sent out in batches.

Hana
Hi

When will invites to offer holder days be sent out?

Thanks
Original post by Charlie_dent
Hi

When will invites to offer holder days be sent out?

Thanks

Hi @Charlie_dent

Emails inviting people to Offer Holder Days will be sent out early next year, or when they receive an offer from us. Each Academic School sends out the invitations and they can be sent at different times, therefore we are unable to advise exactly when they will begin to be sent out.

More information on our Offer Holder Days can be found on this website.

Hope this helps 😊

Elliott
Hiya, my daughter applied to the History and Archaeology course and also single honours Archaeology back in November. She has heard from all of her other courses at other Unis now but still nothing form Newcastle. Some of her school friends have now received offers for other courses which include history at Newcastle so she is becoming a bit confused. Is there any way we could find out an expected timeframe for a decision?
Original post by Anonymous #11
Hiya, my daughter applied to the History and Archaeology course and also single honours Archaeology back in November. She has heard from all of her other courses at other Unis now but still nothing form Newcastle. Some of her school friends have now received offers for other courses which include history at Newcastle so she is becoming a bit confused. Is there any way we could find out an expected timeframe for a decision?

Hi

We do process each application individually, so unfortunately there is no specific timeframe we can give for how long we take to respond to applications.

If your daughter wishes, she can get in touch with us via our Enquiries form to find out about the status of her application at this stage.

I hope this helps 😊
Lydia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending