The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Chemistry UCL

Hi, I am a Year 13 student looking to apply for UCL Chemistry. My predicted grades are A* Maths, A Chemistry and B Biology. The grade requirements for UCL Chemistry are AAA, so does anyone know if I can still apply for it? Also, will they hand out conditional offers of A*AB? I really want to get into UCL and am currently stressed right now.
Original post by samuelpoon912
Hi, I am a Year 13 student looking to apply for UCL Chemistry. My predicted grades are A* Maths, A Chemistry and B Biology. The grade requirements for UCL Chemistry are AAA, so does anyone know if I can still apply for it? Also, will they hand out conditional offers of A*AB? I really want to get into UCL and am currently stressed right now.

Hi, I am having this same issue for biomedical science at UCL. I asked them and they said “it is unlikely that we will consider your application” Sorry if this isn’t the response you were hoping for! For me personally I am applying for a couple of unis with AAB as a safety net so I would recommend you do the same. What other university choices are you thinking of?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
If you are absolutely determined to get into UCL maybe ask for your biology grade to be increased to an A
Bath, southampton, KCL and durham. Did you email the UCL biomed department and do you have the same UCAS grades as me?

Original post by Pharmadruggie333
Hi, I am having this same issue for biomedical science at UCL. I asked them and they said “it is unlikely that we will consider your application” Sorry if this isn’t the response you were hoping for! For me personally I am applying for a couple of unis with AAB as a safety net so I would recommend you do the same. What other university choices are you thinking of?
Original post by samuelpoon912
Bath, southampton, KCL and durham. Did you email the UCL biomed department and do you have the same UCAS grades as me?

I did an enquiry form on their website and yeah I have the same grades as you which is why I asked them because we did exceed one requirement
I guess apply in January? I'm in a similar position to you, so since I have mocks in Jan I'm just going to move up my third grade then, since my school doesn't want to help me out 😪.
Original post by thepersonwhoate
I guess apply in January? I'm in a similar position to you, so since I have mocks in Jan I'm just going to move up my third grade then, since my school doesn't want to help me out 😪.

I do want my application sent of rn though so idk how to get my grade moved up by then
Original post by Pharmadruggie333
I do want my application sent of rn though so idk how to get my grade moved up by then

I've begged my teachers but they aren't interested so I'm most likely going to be applying in Jan 😊 much to my delight
You might be lucky just talk to them, I know most if the time teachers do listen and move up grades
Unless you're eligible for a contextual offer I doubt you will be a competitive applicant. Universities don't "average" your grades, and one way to look at an entry requirement of AAA is "3 A-levels with no grade lower than an A" - which you do not have.
I'm curious to know if you have been accepted with grades lower than the requirement. I see lots with grades higher than AAA were not offered a place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending