The Student Room Group

Orthoptics Applicants 2023

Scroll to see replies

For those planning to study at a uni in England, the NHS Learning Support Fund is now open to applicants starting in Sep/Oct 2023. More information on who can apply, what financial support you could receive, etc. on this thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7324327
I'm off to Sheffield in September! Nervous to join as a mature student (27 years old) but looking forward to meeting the cohort!
Reply 22
Original post by Cats244
Hiya, same with me. I had my interview more than a week ago but I haven’t heard anything back yet. Did u end up hearing back from them? If so, how long did they take to reply back?
all the best w ur journeyyyy !!!

Hi sorry just seen this, yes I got an offer about three weeks ago. Have you heard back?

Good luck to you too!!
Reply 23
Original post by Tala12
Hi sorry just seen this, yes I got an offer about three weeks ago. Have you heard back?

Good luck to you too!!

Heyy
Yeah I ended up getting an offer tooo
Congrats on ur offer !! : D
Are u definitely going Sheffield then ?
Reply 24
Original post by jojo257_
omg same for me (will be a 2024 applicant)!! :tongue: I'm considering doing it aswell but not entirely sure.. but I've arranged work experience at the orthoptics team at my local hospital (NHS) in July.
I found work experience by finding this website, BIOS (British and Irish orthoptic society) and I emailed them to help me find work experience/shadowing with my local hospital. https://www.orthoptics.org.uk/become-an-orthoptist/work-shadowing/
Here's the link if you're interested and there is an email at the bottom of the page to contact them - [email protected]

Hi sorry this is a bit of a late reply hahaha
I'm also a 2024 applicant !! I emailed BIOS on 12th June but still haven't got a reply :frown:
Did this similarly happen to you or did they reply to you quite quickly ?
I don't know whether I should wait a little longer or email them back again - I don't want to sound rude hahaha.
Reply 25
Oh, I would definitely email them again. Maybe try. 'Hi, I've emailed for work experience on the 12th June and I'm worried it might not have gotten through to you as I have not had a reply back yet' and then maybe write what u wrote in your first email again about wanting work exp. King regards...'name'
. They replied to mine like 3 days later. they did send me an automated email saying they'd try to respond within 5 working days prior. This is the email I sent mine to [email protected]
Also, that's so cool. are you only applying for the 3 orthoptic unis or do u have 2 backup courses? :smile:
Original post by inara_30
Hi sorry this is a bit of a late reply hahaha
I'm also a 2024 applicant !! I emailed BIOS on 12th June but still haven't got a reply :frown:
Did this similarly happen to you or did they reply to you quite quickly ?
I don't know whether I should wait a little longer or email them back again - I don't want to sound rude hahaha.
(edited 9 months ago)
Good luck to everyone due to receive results shortly. Let us know if you have been succesful and where you will be studying :thumbsup:

If you don't do as well as you hoped, TSR will be supporting students throughout the results period with clearing and any other questions you may have. There is a clearing megathread that is worth a read in advance of results day:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7375264
Hi is there anyone is going to the University of Liverpool to study Orthoptics starting Sept 2023?? Can't find anyone online and eager to make friends !
Original post by Sasha.h139
Hi is there anyone is going to the University of Liverpool to study Orthoptics starting Sept 2023?? Can't find anyone online and eager to make friends !

It might be worth posting in the Uni of Liverpool freshers thread that has just been set up:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7388830
Original post by normaw
It might be worth posting in the Uni of Liverpool freshers thread that has just been set up:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7388830

Okay thanks, will do!
Reply 30

Heyy, mee im going this year to study orthotics 💞 im kinda excited to join haha, do u know what accom ur gonna be at yet?
Original post by Cats244
Heyy, mee im going this year to study orthotics 💞 im kinda excited to join haha, do u know what accom ur gonna be at yet?

Orthotics or Orthoptics?? 😅 I'm gonna be staying at Crown Place accomodation x
Reply 32
Orthotics or Orthoptics?? 😅 I'm gonna be staying at Crown Place accomodation x

Whoops I meant Orthopticss
Ooh lucky you, I think u got one of the better acconodations lmao
Original post by Cats244
Whoops I meant Orthopticss
Ooh lucky you, I think u got one of the better acconodations lmao

Omg yayyyy! What accom are you in if ur living away from home??
Reply 34
Original post by jojo257_
Oh, I would definitely email them again. Maybe try. 'Hi, I've emailed for work experience on the 12th June and I'm worried it might not have gotten through to you as I have not had a reply back yet' and then maybe write what u wrote in your first email again about wanting work exp. King regards...'name'
. They replied to mine like 3 days later. they did send me an automated email saying they'd try to respond within 5 working days prior. This is the email I sent mine to [email protected]
Also, that's so cool. are you only applying for the 3 orthoptic unis or do u have 2 backup courses? :smile:

heyy thank you for the reply - it's been ages but i did manage to get work experience at the end thanks anyway!
Original post by inara_30
heyy thank you for the reply - it's been ages but i did manage to get work experience at the end thanks anyway!
Hi that's great to hear, did you apply for orthoptics then? I've ended up applying for biomed.

Quick Reply

Latest