The Student Room Group

A-level Subjects Advice

Hi everyone, I’ll be starting Sixth Form in September and I’m considering these three subjects: English Literature, History and Economics. Would these subjects be a good combination? Would they be attractive for top unis (especially Economics because people have mixed feelings about it)? Are these subjects worth picking from your experience/ opinion? Thanks!
Original post by laura_blues
Hi everyone, I’ll be starting Sixth Form in September and I’m considering these three subjects: English Literature, History and Economics. Would these subjects be a good combination? Would they be attractive for top unis (especially Economics because people have mixed feelings about it)? Are these subjects worth picking from your experience/ opinion? Thanks!

Just follow your passion. Think about yourself, universities wont care unless a course has specific entry requirements (for example doing A Level chemistry for chemical engineering). To be fair, it doesn't matter if the course you want to do changes and you no longer meet the A Level entry requirements - just do the foundation degree course (extra year to build the A Level knowledge needed)

Quick Reply

Latest