University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Engineering Foundation Year

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
i got invited to an assessment centre at UCL
my predicted grades are BBB.

I also have been invited, is your assessment day on Sat the 25th?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I had mine over a month ago.
I also have been invited, is your assessment day on Sat the 25th?
Reply 22
How was it?
And what did they ask if you don’t mind me asking?
oh cool, hope it went well! (Original post by Anonymous)I had mine over a month ago.
Original post by Namzz
How was it?
And what did they ask if you don’t mind me asking?

im not allowed to say too much I think but it was a group task and a written task both about the same topic. as long as you show your a good team worker and have good communication and creative skills you should be fine !!
Reply 25
I applied for cs with an integrated foundation year, haven't heard anything back yet. I hope this doesn't mean they are rejecting me
Original post by T45EEN
I applied for cs with an integrated foundation year, haven't heard anything back yet. I hope this doesn't mean they are rejecting me

when I went they said that they're going to be running assessment centres until April so it shouldn't be a rejection dw
Reply 27
when I went they said that they're going to be running assessment centres until April so it shouldn't be a rejection dw

ahh ok thank you so much, that's definitely a relief to hear :smile:

Yh thanks big relief as they are taking the longest time to reply, have they only given assessment invites to oxbridge applicants (who applied around that time) so far?
Also does anyone know how many spaces there are on the course? i though i heard 10 in the course introduction.
Reply 29
Yh thanks big relief as they are taking the longest time to reply, have they only given assessment invites to oxbridge applicants (who applied around that time) so far?
Also does anyone know how many spaces there are on the course? i though i heard 10 in the course introduction.

10 on the entire course? that sounds too low

i wasn't an oxbridge applicants or applied around that time (i applied the middle of november) and completed my assessment day on the 25th. i heard 25 spaces when i went to the assessment!
Reply 31
i wasn't an oxbridge applicants or applied around that time (i applied the middle of november) and completed my assessment day on the 25th. i heard 25 spaces when i went to the assessment!

Do you mean 25 spaces for the entire UCL engineering foundation course? Cus that sounds too small
Original post by T45EEN
Do you mean 25 spaces for the entire UCL engineering foundation course? Cus that sounds too small

apparently its a new course that they're doing for the first time so they're looking to double it every year! that's what i remember the assessor was telling the other applicants on the day
Reply 33
apparently its a new course that they're doing for the first time so they're looking to double it every year! that's what i remember the assessor was telling the other applicants on the day

Wow so I wonder how many ppl he will have done an assessment day and then only 25 being chosen out of maybe hundreds of applicants :O
Original post by T45EEN
Wow so I wonder how many ppl he will have done an assessment day and then only 25 being chosen out of maybe hundreds of applicants :O

also heard around 1.5k applied! don't know about the accuracy of this but yea
Reply 35
(Original post by Anonymous)also heard around 1.5k applied! don't know about the accuracy of this but yea

wow so getting in won't be so easy
On the assessment day info it said it’s from 5:30- 8:30 but the group interview is only 90 min and written is 30. So what are we doing the rest of the time lol.Also is there like any interview questions : I.e why did you choose ucl, why this subject etc?
If any info can be given, what are we to expect on the day. I have mine on the 14th
Tyy
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by F.Frappucino
On the assessment day info it said it’s from 5:30- 8:30 but the group interview is only 90 min and written is 30. So what are we doing the rest of the time lol.Also is there like any interview questions : I.e why did you choose ucl, why this subject etc?
If any info can be given, what are we to expect on the day. I have mine on the 14th
Tyy

Lmk how it goes
Will do! What course did you apply for for the four anti on year

Will do! What course did you apply for on the foundation year?
I feel like I’m the only one who’s applied for civil engineering lol. I feel like most applied for mechanical or other ones
Lmk how it goes
Will do! What course did you apply for for the four anti on year

Will do! What course did you apply for on the foundation year?
I feel like I’m the only one who’s applied for civil engineering lol. I feel like most applied for mechanical or other ones

Computer science, civil engineering is a good way to go though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending