The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Engineering Foundation Year

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by loulou777
i just heard back from them today. got invited to an assessment day in a couple weeks and i applied to comp sci w integrated foundation yr back in december. my preds are A*AB

nicee! I applied in nov and applied for comp sci with integrated foundation year and I haven't heard back though :frown:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
could you pls let me know how it went? like what sort of activites did you do and what questions did they ask, etc. where there a lot of people our age or was it mostly older people?

I’m probably not at liberty to say what the actual activity was but I can tell you it was a group project. It’s not an interview type situation so you probably won’t be asked questions personally. Pretty much exclusively Year 13s. Wear what you like, most people turned up in casual clothes/tracksuits
i just heard back from them today. got invited to an assessment day in a couple weeks and i applied to comp sci w integrated foundation yr back in december. my preds are A*AB

Can’t u just apply directly for com sci with those grades?!
thanks for the advise
i have applied but i have heard nothing back, does that mean that i have been rejected or something
the wait is killing me
is anybody else still waiting
Original post by Anonymous
thanks for the advise
i have applied but i have heard nothing back, does that mean that i have been rejected or something
the wait is killing me

I don’t think it’s a rejection ! When I went they said they’re still running 2/3 more sessions as they are still shortlisting applicants. Hopefully you’ll hear back soon- good luck!
what course did you apply for ?
I don’t think it’s a rejection ! When I went they said they’re still running 2/3 more sessions as they are still shortlisting applicants. Hopefully you’ll hear back soon- good luck!
what course did you apply for ?

Civil engineering
Civil engineering

I applied for civil engineering as well! What other unis did you apply to?
Reply 67
thanks for the advise
the wait is killing me

I am still waiting :frown:
just got an email apologising for not getting back, anyone got any assessment days or offers yet? or anything from Universty of Manchester mechanical engieering with a foundation year?
Original post by tdyespiritu
just got an email apologising for not getting back, anyone got any assessment days or offers yet? or anything from Universty of Manchester mechanical engineering with a foundation year?

i got the same email like just now about UCL
same have me false hope it said we are delighted on the first line 😭
feeding into my delusions 😍
Original post by tdyespiritu
just got an email apologising for not getting back, anyone got any assessment days or offers yet? or anything from Universty of Manchester mechanical engieering with a foundation year?

At my assessment day I was told that they are running 2/3 more sessions so I wouldn't worry too much. Not heard from Manchester at all
How many people are there in the group interview?
Reply 73
How many people are there in the group interview?

i applied to the comp sci one, and it was more of a group activity! around 4-5 people in each group
I got that email too. But I was confused because I had already gotten an email before that inviting me to an assessment day
(Original post by AliAmeri)Can’t u just apply directly for com sci with those grades?!

i missed the requirements by a single grade
(Original post by xyzzz)i applied to the comp sci one, and it was more of a group activity! around 4-5 people in each group

What sort of group activity was it? Like we’re you given scenarios to problem solve? I don’t get it
(Original post by xyzzz)i applied to the comp sci one, and it was more of a group activity! around 4-5 people in each group

What sort of group activity was it? Like we’re you given scenarios to problem solve? I don’t get it

We can’t really say much, but it was just working in a group to solve a problem they set you. I’d say if you can vocalise your points effectively then you should be good .
hope that helps !
Reply 78
what date was your assessment day
Reply 79
what date was you assessment day
At my assessment day I was told that they are running 2/3 more sessions so I wouldn't worry too much. Not heard from Manchester at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending