The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

Masters Offer at Sunderland

Hi
I’m cross posting this from the postgrad applications forum in case it fits here better!
I’ve applied to a few different masters courses and have received an offer for an LLM on Human Rights Law for Sunderland. I am still waiting on hearing back from the other unis I’ve applied to but wasn’t sure if there’s a deadline for accepting or declining the offer from Sunderland? It is one of my top choices so didn’t want to end up going over a deadline and be unable to accept if I decide that’s what I want to do. I can’t see anything about a deadline on the offer or t&cs but didn’t want to assume that means there isn’t one? Does anyone know if there is a deadline for accepting the offer from Sunderland?

I also wanted to ask, my offer from Sunderland only requires a 2:2 whereas some of my other choices require a 2:1. I’m on track for a 2:1 at the moment but am worried that if I chose a place that requires one and then I miss it, I’ll end up without a course. I know some people accept more than one offer and then withdraw from one once they have their results. However, Sunderland’s Ts&Cs say that I can only cancel my acceptance within 14 days of accepting the offer so does this mean I’d be unable to accept two and then withdraw from Sunderland later down the line if I needed to? or would it just mean that it would be withdrawing rather than cancelling and what would this entail?
Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
I’m cross posting this from the postgrad applications forum in case it fits here better!
I’ve applied to a few different masters courses and have received an offer for an LLM on Human Rights Law for Sunderland. I am still waiting on hearing back from the other unis I’ve applied to but wasn’t sure if there’s a deadline for accepting or declining the offer from Sunderland? It is one of my top choices so didn’t want to end up going over a deadline and be unable to accept if I decide that’s what I want to do. I can’t see anything about a deadline on the offer or t&cs but didn’t want to assume that means there isn’t one? Does anyone know if there is a deadline for accepting the offer from Sunderland?

I also wanted to ask, my offer from Sunderland only requires a 2:2 whereas some of my other choices require a 2:1. I’m on track for a 2:1 at the moment but am worried that if I chose a place that requires one and then I miss it, I’ll end up without a course. I know some people accept more than one offer and then withdraw from one once they have their results. However, Sunderland’s Ts&Cs say that I can only cancel my acceptance within 14 days of accepting the offer so does this mean I’d be unable to accept two and then withdraw from Sunderland later down the line if I needed to? or would it just mean that it would be withdrawing rather than cancelling and what would this entail?
Thanks.

Hi there,
Congratulations on taking the first steps to Postgraduate study!
Our admissions team is the best people to speak to in regards to the questions you have. They can talk you through all your options as well as advise on the time you have to make your decision as it will be based on the date you received your offer. They can be contacted on [email protected] / Tel: 0191 515 2077

Thanks
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending