The Student Room Group

PLS HELP switching from course with foundation year to normal course

already done my A levels last year and have my grades, but on a gap year and only applied this year. i applied for a course with a foundation year at sussex uni because my grades aren't quite at the level of a non- foundation year course. I was accepted! (i got ABC). however, could i ask them about switching to the same course without a foundation year? of course, spending an extra year at uni isn't super ideal so id rather do the normal course but I'm not sure how they would view me asking.
requirements for the course without foundation year: ABB-AAB
requirements for the course with foundation year: CCC
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Hbdgduekalf
already done my A levels last year and have my grades, but on a gap year and only applied this year. i applied for a course with a foundation year at sussex uni because my grades aren't quite at the level of a non- foundation year course. I was accepted! (i got ABC). however, could i ask them about switching to the same course without a foundation year? of course, spending an extra year at uni isn't super ideal so id rather do the normal course but I'm not sure how they would view me asking.
requirements for the course without foundation year: ABB-AAB
requirements for the course with foundation year: CCC

Of course you could ask them. They may just say that you can't as you don't meet the entry requirements for the non-foundation year course, but it does no harm to ask. They won't mind.
Original post by DataVenia
Of course you could ask them. They may just say that you can't as you don't meet the entry requirements for the non-foundation year course, but it does no harm to ask. They won't mind.

ah okay thanks! was scared theyd take away the other offer cus they think I'm cocky or something hehe
ah okay thanks! was scared theyd take away the other offer cus they think I'm cocky or something hehe

They can't. Once they've made an offer they can only rescind it they establish that your application was fraudulent in some way (or if they have so few takers for the course that they opt not to run it).

(There are some members of admission teams here on TSR and I'm sure they'll correct me if there are other scenarios where an offer can be rescinded. However, I'm sure simply asking whether they'd consider you for the "standard" course is not one such reason.)
thanks for your help, just wanted to let u know i did email them and got it switched so thanks a lot! :smile:
Original post by DataVenia
They can't. Once they've made an offer they can only rescind it they establish that your application was fraudulent in some way (or if they have so few takers for the course that they opt not to run it).

(There are some members of admission teams here on TSR and I'm sure they'll correct me if there are other scenarios where an offer can be rescinded. However, I'm sure simply asking whether they'd consider you for the "standard" course is not one such reason.)
thanks for your help, just wanted to let u know i did email them and got it switched so thanks a lot! :smile:

That's great news! Thanks for the update. (It's always nice to know how things pan out.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending