The Student Room Group

Am I considered an international student now? The free market is bleak!

I'm considering applying to universities in places like Sweden and the Netherlands for an online MA programme.

Getting funding seems like a distant, unobtainable dream. I've been waiting since 2010 to do an MA, now I can afford a certain amount but nothing above it.

I'm using Distance Learning Portal dotcom, and I'm finding that their fees information might be out of date. As UK applicants, for a lot of these EU/EEA unis we used to be able to study for free, now we need to pay international fees.

My budget for an online MA is around £2000 per year. If I could get it for less I would. I've got a clear idea of the subject and there are plenty of courses around in that. UK unis are too expensive, on the whole, from what I can see. But paying international fees is also a lot.

Perhaps there are certain countries I should be looking to, to apply for a low cost online MA programme? My living situation means that I need to study online, as I don't know where I will be living in the next few years, and I'm a mature student with family obligations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending