The Student Room Group

Glasgow school of art

I haven't heard anything back yet. I sent my portfolios two weeks ago: one for communication design (BA) and the other for interior design (BA). I feel anxious to hear back. I might be overreacting, but hopefully, I do hear back soon. I keep thinking maybe I didn't send them, but I believe I did. How long does it typically take them to review portfolios? Has anyone else not heard back?
Reply 1
Original post by Laurenbaird
I haven't heard anything back yet. I sent my portfolios two weeks ago: one for communication design (BA) and the other for interior design (BA). I feel anxious to hear back. I might be overreacting, but hopefully, I do hear back soon. I keep thinking maybe I didn't send them, but I believe I did. How long does it typically take them to review portfolios? Has anyone else not heard back?
I’ve not heard back either, but no news is good news I’m sure!
Reply 2
Original post by Nikkolay
I’ve not heard back either, but no news is good news I’m sure!
Oh thank god! Thanks! What did you apply for?
Hi I’ve seen a few people post about ComDes - it seems to be a really popular course so I wouldn’t be surprised if they just have lots of applications to look through. I’m applying for Interaction Design, and I was worried too so I emailed admissions to check they’d got my applications correctly, and they said the interviews for my course will continue until April.

In general Scottish unis will take longer to respond, so although it can be stressful just try to take your mind off of it - no news is good news! The GSA website advises that interviews will be from late Feb to March anyways, and it seems that period has been extended for some of their courses too.

Good luck, and if you hear back please let me know! I love ComDes, hopefully if I get into Interaction Design there will be some overlap 😄
Original post by pinkapoppy
Hi I’ve seen a few people post about ComDes - it seems to be a really popular course so I wouldn’t be surprised if they just have lots of applications to look through. I’m applying for Interaction Design, and I was worried too so I emailed admissions to check they’d got my applications correctly, and they said the interviews for my course will continue until April.

In general Scottish unis will take longer to respond, so although it can be stressful just try to take your mind off of it - no news is good news! The GSA website advises that interviews will be from late Feb to March anyways, and it seems that period has been extended for some of their courses too.

Good luck, and if you hear back please let me know! I love ComDes, hopefully if I get into Interaction Design there will be some overlap 😄

Just to clarify - I’ve read about 5-10 people who all haven’t heard back from ComDes, I reckon it might be another month or so
I sent off my Com Des undergrad portfolio three weeks ago and haven’t t heard back, from what I’ve been told each department do things differently and in batches so hopefully we should hear back from them soon!
Reply 6
Original post by pinkapoppy

Of course! I can’t wait to hear back. I hope so too! Thanks 🙏
Reply 7
hey I heard back from GSA about the interior design course and have got an interview id reccomened checking emails regularly as it comes through on email instead of UCAS

Quick Reply

Latest