The Student Room Group

ESA and GSA applicants 2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah I'm sure they'll get back to you soon. For the interview they were really nice and asked me to talk about a project in my portfolio, why textiles, why textiles at GSA and then I asked a few questions. Make sure you've got questions ready and research everything you can on their website etc. I took notes of everything and had that in front of me in case I forgot everything!
Good luck and keep me posted! xx
Original post by mothdoll
Ah good luck !! I had an interview last year and my portfolio this year has more textiles stuff so i’m really hoping to get one again, when was your interview? It’s good to know they’re doing them rn so i’ll find out soon hopefully
My interview was very early, I think it was the first day of interviews on Feb 10. They said they will be getting back to people all throughout march so there’s still lots of time. I’m so sorry about fashion, is textiles a separate subject and you’re waiting to hear back for that one? Fingers crossed for you and your friend!

Well done to both of you! I’ve applied to fashion + textiles at gsa (rejected from fashion), but I have a friend who had an interview for fine art photography the other week and was told she’d hear back at the end of march, when was both your interviews? just to hopefully give her a sense of calm lol
Original post by jlb.
Yeah I'm sure they'll get back to you soon. For the interview they were really nice and asked me to talk about a project in my portfolio, why textiles, why textiles at GSA and then I asked a few questions. Make sure you've got questions ready and research everything you can on their website etc. I took notes of everything and had that in front of me in case I forgot everything!
Good luck and keep me posted! xx

Thank you!! I did the same last year, i had notes out and it helped a lot, but I forgot all the questions they asked me because as soon as interviews finish I think the stress just gives me an amnesia of the whole thing lol, but I think i always struggle to ask them questions so I think i’ll focus more on that. Are you first year? i feel like i’ve asked but i’m forgetful hahaha
Original post by stayfrthcredits
My interview was very early, I think it was the first day of interviews on Feb 10. They said they will be getting back to people all throughout march so there’s still lots of time. I’m so sorry about fashion, is textiles a separate subject and you’re waiting to hear back for that one? Fingers crossed for you and your friend!

Ah okay, my friends interview was the 21st of feb so i’ll let her know!! that’ll hopefully give a better sense of time scale for her. Also yeah textiles and fashion are two separate courses, I was honestly really shocked about fashion because I had an interview in 2020 for second year, was like 4 points away from getting in on my feedback, and then have done a two year fashion course since then, and was rejected from first year this year after only a few weeks. I’m a little confused as I have full garments and stuff in my portfolio and i’d hoped for at least an interview if they thought I was almost capable for second year 3 years ago, but alas I can only hope for textiles now. Since i’ve got the edinburgh uni fashion offer i’m not too sad about the gsa rejection because both are amazing schools, i just would’ve preferred to stay in glasgow because my friends/job are all here
Reply 24
Thank you!! I did the same last year, i had notes out and it helped a lot, but I forgot all the questions they asked me because as soon as interviews finish I think the stress just gives me an amnesia of the whole thing lol, but I think i always struggle to ask them questions so I think i’ll focus more on that. Are you first year? i feel like i’ve asked but i’m forgetful hahaha

Yes I've applied to first year! If I were you I'd have like 3/4 solid questions ready just in case you go through the rest of the interview quickly. I asked about the course structure/ how many days are we in/ how much independent work etc. I asked about the number of students on the course/ how group work works etc. If you have them ready before you're fine, however making them up in the moment is super hard in my opinion. Are you first year too?
I just heard back yesterday for two places. I got into Dundee for the general foundation and also a conditional for year 2 of Animation at Edinburgh!! :smile: I am still waiting to hear about Illustration though at Edinburgh and that’s the one I most want lol so hoping for the best. Good luck to you all :smile:
Original post by kirstinkellybone
I just heard back yesterday for two places. I got into Dundee for the general foundation and also a conditional for year 2 of Animation at Edinburgh!! :smile: I am still waiting to hear about Illustration though at Edinburgh and that’s the one I most want lol so hoping for the best. Good luck to you all :smile:

Ahh well done !! I got into year 2 of fashion at edinburgh so it’s nice to see another year 2 entry, are you gonna go to the offer holder day on the 5th of april??
i’m not sure as dundees offer holder day is the 6th april so not sure if i’ll be able to go both and i have been to edinburgh open days in the past and already know i love it there haah. dundee i’m more unsure of. well done that’s great! i’m a bit worried though as i originally applied to 1st year and they changed my application to 2nd year as i am studying a HND currently. but my HND is in illustration not animation so i haven’t done any animation so the idea of starting at year 2 is a bit intimidating. but i suppose they wldnt have given me it unless they thought i was capable 😬 i really hope i get into illustration at edinburgh though as it’s what i really want. but grateful and excited about all and any offers ❤️❤️
Original post by kirstinkellybone
still not hear about getting an interview for comdes at gsa getting kinda worried as some of my friends have got theirs. anyone heard from edinburgh? i applied to two courses: illustration and animation

hey i got an offer from edinburgh about two weeks ago for fine art!
Reply 29
Ahh well done !! I got into year 2 of fashion at edinburgh so it’s nice to see another year 2 entry, are you gonna go to the offer holder day on the 5th of april??

hi! I got a conditional offer to start fashion in 2nd year too! just wondering if you have firmed your place yet or looked at accommodation? I'm really indecisive so any opinions/recommendations for halls would be great! I'm travelling up on the 3rd for the offer holder day, kinda nervous :/
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by qqychn
hi! I got a conditional offer to start fashion in 2nd year too! just wondering if you have firmed your place yet or looked at accommodation? I'm really indecisive so any opinions/recommendations for halls would be great! I'm travelling up on the 3rd for the offer holder day, kinda nervous :/

hi !! i haven’t yet because i’m still waiting to hear back from textiles at gsa and fashion at ual, but both are very hard to get into so i’m unsure if i will. i’ve started looking at accommodation but i cant actually apply for it yet because i haven’t firmed it. i’m gonna be at the offer holder day as well !! are you travelling up alone??
Reply 31
hi !! i haven’t yet because i’m still waiting to hear back from textiles at gsa and fashion at ual, but both are very hard to get into so i’m unsure if i will. i’ve started looking at accommodation but i cant actually apply for it yet because i haven’t firmed it. i’m gonna be at the offer holder day as well !! are you travelling up alone??

Good luck with your other choices!! Have you had any interviews with them yet? And no, I will be there with my mum and brother who have decided to turn it into a mini holiday lmao. Which accommodation have you been looking at?
Original post by qqychn
Good luck with your other choices!! Have you had any interviews with them yet? And no, I will be there with my mum and brother who have decided to turn it into a mini holiday lmao. Which accommodation have you been looking at?

Thank you !! have you applied elsewhere that you haven’t heard back from? Idk if i’ve asked already lol, also that’s fun where are you from?? I’m in glasgow so just gonna head through on the morning of. i haven’t had an interview for textiles at gsa yet no, but my one last year was early april so i’m just waiting til then to see. also nothing from ual yet

my friend said riego street was good for accom, and i liked the look of mylnes court and there’s another one i cant remember the name of (think it started with a k) but i’m still unsure if i wanna live in halls, considering i’m 21 and halls tends to be mostly first year 17/18 year olds
Reply 33
Has anyone applied for product design and not heard anything back yet?
Reply 34
Thank you !! have you applied elsewhere that you haven’t heard back from? Idk if i’ve asked already lol, also that’s fun where are you from?? I’m in glasgow so just gonna head through on the morning of. i haven’t had an interview for textiles at gsa yet no, but my one last year was early april so i’m just waiting til then to see. also nothing from ual yet

my friend said riego street was good for accom, and i liked the look of mylnes court and there’s another one i cant remember the name of (think it started with a k) but i’m still unsure if i wanna live in halls, considering i’m 21 and halls tends to be mostly first year 17/18 year olds

I actually accepted my place yesterday! I’m from NW England so it was a pretty hectic week with travelling but I love edinburgh itself, it’s so historical.

I also didn’t realise you could start uni at 17 in scotland, is that something that a lot of people tend to do? i’m 19 so i’ll be in a kind of similar position. You could potentially look at accommodation which is known to house mostly postgrad students if you haven’t applied already? and have you heard back from UAL and GSA?
I am accepting animation entry for year 2 at edinburgh is anyone else accepting year 2 for any courses or specifically for animation?
Is anyone going to study Painting and printmaking at GSA?
Original post by qqychn
I actually accepted my place yesterday! I’m from NW England so it was a pretty hectic week with travelling but I love edinburgh itself, it’s so historical.

I also didn’t realise you could start uni at 17 in scotland, is that something that a lot of people tend to do? i’m 19 so i’ll be in a kind of similar position. You could potentially look at accommodation which is known to house mostly postgrad students if you haven’t applied already? and have you heard back from UAL and GSA?

Ahh that’s exciting! I’m still waiting to hear back from UAL (just wanna know the outcome) and then i’ll accept my place, I might just withdraw ual if they take much longer though. Do you get access to timetables and stuff once you accept the offer?

Also yes it’s lovely !! Were you at the fashion talk at the offer holder day? I was at the 12.30 one. Also yeah, in scotland you can leave high school once you’re 16 (the end 4th year usually), and you sit highers/advanced highers in 5th and 6th year so if you get into uni at the end of 5th or you’re just not 18 yet when you finish 6th year, you can be 17 at uni. I assume most people will be 18 or above though considering edinburgh has a lot of non scottish applicants, i’m still unsure what i’m gonna do about living situations yet
Original post by qqychn

also forgot to say i got rejected from gsa lol :/ kinda expected that anyway, but i’m excited for edinburgh so i’m not too bummed !! what are ur conditions for the offer btw??

also my ig is the same as this username but with 2 h’s if u wanna chat !
Anybody apply for interaction design at GSA and haven't heard anything back since their interview? It's been like a month since mine

Quick Reply

Latest