The Student Room Group

Are you going to a UCAS or HE fair this year?

Poll

Are you going to a UCAS or HE fair this year?

Are you planning on going to a UCAS or HE fair this year?

If you haven't heard of them, they're basically big expos where loads of higher education institutions go to share everything about what it's like studying with them! They can be really good if you're keen on going to university, but maybe want to get a bit more information or just a bit of a sense of what different universities are like.

We've got some good tips on how to get the most out of your visit here.

Maybe you're in Year 13 and trying to nail down your firm and insurance choices. Or maybe you're in Year 12 and getting in early ahead of applying next year?

If you're heading to a fair, what are you most hoping to get out of it?

If you've been to a UCAS or HE fair before, what are your tips for students going this year?
Original post by BlinkyBill
Are you planning on going to a UCAS or HE fair this year?

If you haven't heard of them, they're basically big expos where loads of higher education institutions go to share everything about what it's like studying with them! They can be really good if you're keen on going to university, but maybe want to get a bit more information or just a bit of a sense of what different universities are like.

We've got some good tips on how to get the most out of your visit here.

Maybe you're in Year 13 and trying to nail down your firm and insurance choices. Or maybe you're in Year 12 and getting in early ahead of applying next year?

If you're heading to a fair, what are you most hoping to get out of it?

If you've been to a UCAS or HE fair before, what are your tips for students going this year?

Get there early, ask questions and where possible, book onto specific talks as early as possible because they tend to be quite useful
I'm surprised how many no's there are
How to go there? I've never heard of this before so I'm not sure
Original post by Turnip434513
Get there early, ask questions and where possible, book onto specific talks as early as possible because they tend to be quite useful

This is such great advice, especially the point about booking onto specific talks. Nothing worse than realising you've missed out on something you would have loved to attend. A bit of prep beforehand can be so useful to getting the most of it.

Original post by Jihoooo
How to go there? I've never heard of this before so I'm not sure

Do you mean how to get to a fair? I suppose it depends which one you'd like to go to.

UCAS has a list of the exhibitions it's running this year here. We've also got a calendar showing specific university open days here. There are some universities who might be able to give some financial assistance to attend an open day (there's an old article here showing some of them, but maybe contact the uni you're interested in directly if you might need this), plus lots of universities will still be running virtual open days, so you may be able to attend one of these if you can't get there in person (again, probs best to contact the university directly).

Overall I'd say if you'd like to get a vibe of a few different universities, a UCAS fair might be your best bet. :smile:
Original post by iL1L
I'm surprised how many no's there are

My rep notification for this just said 0 y (years ago) 🤔
Original post by iL1L
My rep notification for this just said 0 y (years ago) 🤔

Ooooh quirky! I'll pass this on to the team. :smile:
Original post by BlinkyBill
Ooooh quirky! I'll pass this on to the team. :smile:

(On mobile)
I should have screenshotted it because when I next checked the notifications it was fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending