The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York accommodation stero types?

Hi, I went yesterday to York open day and looked around the collages and I am aware that there are stereotypes within every collage so does anyone have an opinion or insight into What each collage may offer or the stereotype?

Thank you very much
I want to go to York, what was it like?
University of York
York
Original post by Ininat
Hi, I went yesterday to York open day and looked around the collages and I am aware that there are stereotypes within every collage so does anyone have an opinion or insight into What each collage may offer or the stereotype?

Thank you very much

Hi there,

It's great to hear that you're looking at studying at York!

I graduated from the University of York last year, and I can confidently say that the college stereotypes aren't really true! Generally, the college stereotypes are based on where the college is located, for example, Alcuin is dubbed the quiet college as it's near the library, Vanbrugh is dubbed the musical college as it's near the Music Department, James is dubbed the sporty college as it's near the sports centre on Campus West.

I wouldn't worry about these stereotypes when making your accommodation choices. The main things I'd consider personally are:
- Whether you want to be catered or self-catered
- Whether you want to be en-suite or shared bathroom
- Where your academic department is, and how close-by you want to be
- Your budget

The other thing to remember about colleges is that they all offer the same things: a college support team, college sport, college events, and a place to live in your first year.

I hope this helps,

Hannah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending