The Student Room Group

UCAS extra

Hello, I've received my 5 offers for economics and finance but realised that I want to apply for Leeds. My predicted grades are ABB but with contextual offers it might be lower. Does UCAS extra consider contextual offers and am I allowed to apply for courses that I've gotten an offer for (most of them are BBB)? Does UCAS extra also mean that you're late to apply for accommodation or does the university reply quite fast?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by annqbellex
Hello, I've received my 5 offers for economics and finance but realised that I want to apply for Leeds. My predicted grades are ABB but with contextual offers it might be lower. Does UCAS extra consider contextual offers and am I allowed to apply for courses that I've gotten an offer for (most of them are BBB)? Does UCAS extra also mean that you're late to apply for accommodation or does the university reply quite fast?

UCAS Extra is for those who have no offers. You have five offers, by the sound it it. Is that correct?

From where have you received offers so far? Why is Leeds more appealing that the offers you already have?

See more details of UCAS Extra here.
You can only use extra if you have no offers so you would need to decline all you have. There is also the question whether Leeds will be in extra which I doubt. Think things out before you decide,
Have you checked whether you would be eligible for a lower offer from Leeds?
I wouldn’t if I were you. It sounds like you’ve received all five decisions as offers. Which unis did you apply to? There is no guarantee that Leeds will be in Extra this year, and no guarantee they will accept you. A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush, after all :smile:
Does anyone here know when UCAS extra starts?
Original post by materialgw0rld

UCAS Extra runs from 25 February to 4 July. See here for further details.
Original post by DataVenia

According to the UCAS website, Extra starts on 23 Feb.
UCAS Extra is for those who have no offers. You have five offers, by the sound it it. Is that correct?

From where have you received offers so far? Why is Leeds more appealing that the offers you already have?

See more details of UCAS Extra here.

Yes I do but I regret not choosing Leeds as one of them because the course modules look good and student life there seems appealing to me. The only offer I would consider going to is Reading, but i really like the idea of Leeds
Original post by swanseajack1
You can only use extra if you have no offers so you would need to decline all you have. There is also the question whether Leeds will be in extra which I doubt. Think things out before you decide,

Yes I've been thinking about it for a while. I sent an email to Leeds asking if they're doing UCAS extra
Original post by ajj2000
Have you checked whether you would be eligible for a lower offer from Leeds?

Yes, it says my postcode is eligible
Yes I do but I regret not choosing Leeds as one of them because the course modules look good and student life there seems appealing to me. The only offer I would consider going to is Reading, but i really like the idea of Leeds

As stated above, to pursue Leeds as an option, you'd need to establish that they're offering your course via Extra, decline all your existing offers, use Extra to apply to Leeds and then hope they make you an offer.

Are you feeling lucky?
As stated above, to pursue Leeds as an option, you'd need to establish that they're offering your course via Extra, decline all your existing offers, use Extra to apply to Leeds and then hope they make you an offer.

Are you feeling lucky?

I'm awaiting on their email at the moment seeing if I'm suitable for the course and if they offer it at UCAS extra. I'm not sure about my luck, but if they do reject me, would i be able to apply for reading again?
Yes I've been thinking about it for a while. I sent an email to Leeds asking if they're doing UCAS extra

Can you tell me what they said I'm also thinking of Leeds
Original post by sleep_supremacy
According to the UCAS website, Extra starts on 23 Feb.

Thankyou both!

Of course! Same course or different?
Of course! Same course or different?

same course :h:
same course :h:

oh that's cool! Hopefully they get back soon
Thankyou both!

You're welcome! :smile: Feel free to tag me if you require any more assistance.

they replied with:
"Unfortunately it is unlikely we will be opening any of our programmes through Clearing for this Admissions Cycle.
You may wish to check if there are any courses you are interested in via Clearing at the University of Leeds, including the Business Studies Foundation Year Clearing | University of Leeds."
so i don't think they're offering the course at UCAS extra or clearing sadly :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending