The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Interview help

Interview help!! so I'm away to go study mental health nursing and I am needing some advice on what type of questions may be asked. I want to have the best chance of getting in to uni and it would be appreciated if someone(who does nursing/mental health nursing) could throw me some questions they were asked.

thank you in advanced
Original post by undyinglight
Interview help!! so I'm away to go study mental health nursing and I am needing some advice on what type of questions may be asked. I want to have the best chance of getting in to uni and it would be appreciated if someone(who does nursing/mental health nursing) could throw me some questions they were asked.

thank you in advanced

So far I have been to 3 mental health nursing interviews in the last month and I have passed all 3, got 2 offers and waiting on one ( my preferred ).

My advice: Be yourself. Prepare your mind as if you are walking in to have a conversation. The interview is usually not long ( max 30 mins ) and they would ask you questions about yourself and your motivation to study mental health nursing. At one of my interviews, I was asked 3 scenario-based questions. For example, "what would you do if you had seen a colleague at work being abusive to a patient".... At another interview, I was asked what I would do if after a very long day at work, you get home to relax and a friend appears at your door for a chat. What would you do.?.

I suppose its not a big deal going for an interview as long as you have prepared yourself. Get yourself acquainted with the 6 Cs of the NMC and the NHS constitution ( they are mainly common sense tbh.. )

Again, don't stress, just be relaxed. In my last interview, I was told I look smart and confident by the way I sat relaxed and took my time to answer their questions..

I wish you luck!
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending