The Student Room Group

When should I start applying for grad jobs

I'm currently doing a Marketing Masters and have started applying for jobs, I finish this degree in September.

Annoyingly a lot of employers don't state the start date in the job description. A lot of times when I've heard back from jobs that are interested in me, they ask me when I can start and I say September they aren't interested anymore.

So if I can only start full time in September (once my degree is over) when should I start applying?
Original post by elodiehall
I'm currently doing a Marketing Masters and have started applying for jobs, I finish this degree in September.

Annoyingly a lot of employers don't state the start date in the job description. A lot of times when I've heard back from jobs that are interested in me, they ask me when I can start and I say September they aren't interested anymore.

So if I can only start full time in September (once my degree is over) when should I start applying?

Why don't you put in your resume your availabilities and when you can start so the employers don't waste time contacting you and you don't waste time getting your hopes up? From experience, it takes about 1 month for a job posting on a public job board to close so maybe wait until 2 months or one and a half months before you graduate to apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending