The Student Room Group

Just one offer for Architecture

To date I have received just one offer, no rejections but I am starting to feel deflated, it’s the not knowing!

Anyone in the same or similar position with Architecture applications or any other course?

Let’s share the pain!
Yep only one offer for CS from my lowest choice, but better than nothing and much better than not having any offers at all that's for sure.
Reply 2
hey ik how u feel :frown: i only had one offer until yesterday, got my second one after a month and a half. those were the two unis that didnt even require a portfolio as well. i think architecture applications just take longer bc of the portfolio, so dont worry
Original post by Mumamouse
To date I have received just one offer, no rejections but I am starting to feel deflated, it’s the not knowing!

Anyone in the same or similar position with Architecture applications or any other course?

Let’s share the pain!

@Mumamouse

Universities may have a different number of students that they take for the same course, depending on the size of the university, resources, placements they can offer etc., so they may take longer deciding which students to consider.

Some courses may have more applications than expected so if people are striking or are off sick with Covid, things may be delayed.

It's difficult to be patient, but try to focus on other things!

All the best,

Oluwatosin 2nd year podiatry student University of Huddersfield
To date I have received just one offer, no rejections

Normal.

So time to sop stressing and get on with some A level revision?
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
Normal.

So time to sop stressing and get on with some A level revision?

Rather uncalled for! This forum is for seeking advice, sharing information and a nice support network wouldn’t you say?

My A level revision is going just fine thank you, it’s not a subject I was seeking any information on, or one I brought up so irrelevant to this discussion. For all you know I could already have my grades.

Next time you want to contribute in a post topic, try being more invested and less sarcastic.
Reply 6

Let’s share the pain!

My daughter has not had all her replies yet and it is a pain not knowing.
you are not alone but hopefully things will start moving soon. She has had one rejection so far and is processing this. Decided it was a mutual mismatch 🙂
Reply 7
Original post by Yr12mum
My daughter has not had all her replies yet and it is a pain not knowing.
you are not alone but hopefully things will start moving soon. She has had one rejection so far and is processing this. Decided it was a mutual mismatch 🙂

Thanks for sharing your daughters current experience, and thanks for the support. I guess It’s difficult and stressful for us all

Let’s share the pain!

Unis have until sometime in May to make offers if you applied by the January deadline, so there's plenty of time left :smile:

Don't worry about it too much - and also remember that you only need one offer at the end of the day! The others just give you more options :biggrin:
Reply 9
Where have you heard from? I’ve had a few back ( but finished a levels last year so applying with grades which may make a difference) but waiting on Northumbria
Reply 10
Original post by McMurph
Where have you heard from? I’ve had a few back ( but finished a levels last year so applying with grades which may make a difference) but waiting on Northumbria

I have now actually had three responses since my first post:

In no particular order

Bath - Rejection
Loughborough -Offer
Cardiff - offer

Waiting on
UCL and Edinburgh

Who have you heard back from?

In no particular order

Bath - Rejection
Loughborough -Offer
Cardiff - offer

Waiting on
UCL and Edinburgh

Hi @Mumamouse,

Congratulations on your offer :smile: that exciting news!

If you have any other questions about Loughborough, please do let us know. We're happy to help!

- Lindsay

In no particular order

Bath - Rejection
Loughborough -Offer
Cardiff - offer

Waiting on
UCL and Edinburgh

I’ve heard from Liverpool Newcastle Liverpool John moores and Oxford Brooke’s waiting on Northumbria
Original post by McMurph
I’ve heard from Liverpool Newcastle Liverpool John moores and Oxford Brooke’s waiting on Northumbria

Welcome to TSR. There are many 2023 architecture applicants chatting on this thread too:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7263924
hey! has anybody here applied to edinburgh for architecture? they requested a portfolio day before yesterday and I'm confused about how to upload it. do we just need to mail it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending