The Student Room Group
You think "Avatar", a film that set world records for box office profits while failing to leave any kind of cultural mark due to having its plot completely and shamelessly ripped off of at any number of different (and some well known) films released previously, was "underrated"?
Original post by artful_lounger
You think "Avatar", a film that set world records for box office profits while failing to leave any kind of cultural mark due to having its plot completely and shamelessly ripped off of at any number of different (and some well known) films released previously, was "underrated"?

First of all no need to start problems and second of all where I'm from it's underrated.
Debbie Does Duluth

this little known sequel to the hit movie set in Texas takes the action to Minnesota.

the chilly Northern weather put a dampener on proceedings. also the decision to base the story

around basketball instead of American Football did not help.

despite the caveats above, this is still a jolly romp although you may have trouble

locating a copy.
Original post by noelissocute
First of all no need to start problems and second of all where I'm from it's underrated.

I'd be fascinated to know what kind of film you think is "overrated" honestly.
Reply 6
What are your favorite UNDERATED movies? Some of mine are Into The Storm, Pacific Rim, and Avatar

Bullet Train. Only 54% on Rotten Tomatoes, but I thought it was one of the funniest and quirky films I’ve seen in years.
Original post by the bear
Debbie Does Duluth

this little known sequel to the hit movie set in Texas takes the action to Minnesota.

the chilly Northern weather put a dampener on proceedings. also the decision to base the story

around basketball instead of American Football did not help.

despite the caveats above, this is still a jolly romp although you may have trouble

locating a copy.

Sounds like a movie I'd watch
Original post by artful_lounger
I'd be fascinated to know what kind of film you think is "overrated" honestly.

I'm not in the mood please buzz off.
The Swan Princess and Miracle On 34th Street.
Good Will Hunting

A great film with Matt Damon and Robin Williams in, but not so popular as it deserved to be in my opinion.
Original post by Kallisto
Good Will Hunting

A great film with Matt Damon and Robin Williams in, but not so popular as it deserved to be in my opinion.

Brilliant film. Not "underrated" as it was nominated for 9 Oscars, but now that you've reminded me, I think I'll watch it again.
Original post by lalexm
Brilliant film. Not "underrated" as it was nominated for 9 Oscars, but now that you've reminded me, I think I'll watch it again.

It is definetely sunken into oblivion from time to time. It is such a shame.

Platoon is another great, but already forgotten film by the most. Charlie Sheen in a serious acting, that is so unusual to watch. :redface:
I like Fearless, great movie with Jet Li
The other film that's great and underrated is the Raid.

Edit: City of God is also criminally underrated cos its a foreign film.
(edited 1 year ago)
What are your favorite UNDERATED movies? Some of mine are Into The Storm, Pacific Rim, and Avatar

The pin cushion

The george and mildred movie

Matilda
Highlander, Amélie, and Back to the Future are great movies. But I think they are well respected movies.
The Festival I really enjoyed.
Original post by VoxPoxNumber
Highlander, Amélie, and Back to the Future are great movies. But I think they are well respected movies.

Just the first film of the trilogy, the other two ones are not really my business.
Reply 18
For me it's Fearless, a good movie.

Latest