The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

University of Surrey offers

How lenient actually is Surrey on their conditional offers?
I really need to get in as the course is perfect for me but just in case are they lenient on their acceptance, my offer is A-level AB and BTEC D.
I'd say it depends on the year.
If many people miss their offer one year, they may be more lenient as they want to fill seats. However, if it is an already oversubscribed course and many people have firmed it and gotten the grades, they may be less lenient. Always bear in mind that unis will send out offers to way more people than they have seats, expecting some to miss their offers (or not firm/insure the uni).

It is best to work as hard as you can to achieve the grades rather than to worry about missing your offer. Though, there is always a possibility of clearing just in case.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Hi again!

Congratulations on receiving an offer to study at the University of Surrey! We are so happy to hear how excited you are to study here! What course have you applied for?

It's really hard to say how lenient the admissions department will be until the grades are released this summer and we have a better idea of how full the course is. As mentioned by in the other response, if the course is popular and many people have achieved the grades required, there will be less of a chance that we will accept lower grades; however, if the course isn't oversubscribed, there might be a better chance that the university will accept you on slightly lower grades.

This is such a common worry for sixth form and college students across the country so please don't feel alone in this anxiety. I remember feeling so nervous in the summer leading up to results that I wouldn't be accepted. Keep working hard and I have my fingers crossed that we will see at Surrey in September!

Best wishes,
Alice
Final year languages student
Original post by donks.
How lenient actually is Surrey on their conditional offers?
I really need to get in as the course is perfect for me but just in case are they lenient on their acceptance, my offer is A-level AB and BTEC D.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending